AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add an actuator for my valve

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ariel_olate
170 Views, 7 Replies

I can't add an actuator for my valve

Hello:

I'm trying to add an actuator to my valve, so i created an actuator component in the catalog editor, but the actuator sizes always appears as "undefined". 

Do you know how can a add an actuator for my 1/8" valve?

Here i leave some images of my parameters.

ariel_olate_0-1720028040869.png

ariel_olate_1-1720028070715.png

I can't even add the actuator through the properties menu.

If you know something, i'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Have a look at the OOTB actuators at how they are sized and named. Once you've placed your actuator, you then can assign that actuator to a specific valve and size of valve.

Message 3 of 8

That’s the thing, I can’t understand how they are sized, due to the actuators in all sizes appearing as “undefined” in their sizes. I can’t even see the correct size or set up a size. Do you have any additional information?

When I just click on “add new size”, it appears instantly as “undefined” and I have no possibility to change that.

Additionally, when I try to select a size for the actuator for my valve, the size that i need doesn't appear in the list, so I need to add a new size, but like a commented before, I can't.

Message 4 of 8

You don't assign a size to an operator. An operator can be assigned to various valve sizes. So you put something in the description so you can assign that particular operator for a particular valve size in the operator assignments.

Message 5 of 8
quan_hm
in reply to: ariel_olate

@ariel_olate It's really normal on picture you show, If you prefer to show actual size instead of "undefined" after create the actuator, you can export it to excel and change size from undefined to the number you want

quanminh_1-1720171121930.png

Update the excel file and you will have it show size

quanminh_0-1720170912821.png

Hoang Minh Quan - Piping design engineer
Autodesk Store for Python Catalog
Message 6 of 8
popovUS9BY

Hello,

fastest way to add valve with actuator is:

1) st0.PNG

2) st1.PNG

Choose Valve, not inline instrument!

3) st2.PNG

Type dimension which works for you.

That's all 🙂

Message 7 of 8
ariel_olate

I have been stying a bit more of this topic, so i realize how do sizes function in relation to actuators in P3D. I create an actuator type from zero, and it i don't know but it works with my different types of valves.

Thanks a lot, now i'm setting up my actuators.

Topic solved.

Message 8 of 8
Degonbellz

Very informative video for customizing valve...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qey5KAFzzB0

In this video we do somethings as below: 1_Convert 3D solid of valve body into items in Plant 3D, 2_Convert 3D solid of valve operator into item in Plant3D, 3_How to mapping valve body and valve operator to show up the operator direction in ISO drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report