AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupScheme

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kkakka0901
210 Views, 4 Replies

GroupScheme

Themes : Default

I created two types of GroupSchemes. But only one of them works and the other does not.

Flange is FlangeGroup 

Clamp is I hope it works with ClampGroup.

Is there any solution?

화면 캡처 2024-07-18 130115.jpg화면 캡처 2024-07-18 130913.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: kkakka0901

@kkakka0901 ,

I am not sure whether this task can be solved. I always have the feeling that there are still functions in the background of the flange group that we cannot set in the IsoConfig.xml. I have already done some experiments with it but I have not reached the goal.
I can't find any real reference in the documentation to the fact that we can combine several “flange groups” or clamp groups in one system.

@Michiel.Valcke  maybe you can write something more about this.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Michiel.Valcke

Unfortunately I'm a bit stumped here atm. I don't have much experience with groupschemes and also cannot get it to work as I want to. There are other issues playing here as well. When trying to recreate the situation here I keep having ferrule and globevalve symbols pop up instead of adapters and clamps. Also I believe it might make a difference whether you're using Adapters, Couplings or Flanges as the MateComponents. For the adapters it might even be necessary to make a new filter.

I'll have to test further, but I suspect I'll eventually have to forward it to Autodesk support. If you can make a test project, I would suggest you do so and also make a case with Autodesk support. If you learn more from that, do not hesitate to share that information here.

Message 4 of 5
h_eger

@Michiel.Valcke thank you very much for your answer.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Michiel.Valcke

I had some time over lunch to test some more. It looks like none of the parts of the group can be used in other groups. So if the first group is flange/bolt/gasket, a second group cannot contain any of these classes. 

In other words, you can use two groups flange/bolt/gasket & coupling/clamp but the moment you add the gasket to the second group it will no longer work. the isoconfig will always follow the first group in the code, the second group will break.

The following is completely untested, just a theory:
To solve this problem, in theory you would need to be able to create different fasteners so you can differentiate between gaskets and 'sealing rings' or however you want to call them.

There are instructions in this post how to create your own fastener class, I know of it but so far have not tried to do it myself.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/plant-3d-fasteners/td-p/11099286
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/2RntqVcXBeEwx1JOPjpYNz.html

After also creating your own joint that uses that class. The next question is: how can we change our gaskets from our spec to be recognized as our new type of seal. 

Also in the isoconfig.xml, when we want to use our seal in the group we would need to add a filter so the isoconfig xml knows how to find the type of seal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report