AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field fit weld wrong dimensions on iso

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jp009
149 Views, 0 Replies

Field fit weld wrong dimensions on iso

Using 'Spool' drawing type isometrics and enabling a makeup length for field welds that also shows makeup length on dimensions is returning unexpected results.

If I use a section of pipe with no olets or pipe supports, then the dimensions on an iso are correct. 

If I add an olet, welded pipe support, etc to the spool then extra length gets added to both sides of the fitting, returning an incorrect overall length and incorrect dimension from the start of the spool to the fitting. The more fittings that are added the more the error is propagated. For tees or items that break the pipe into two or more sections, the dimensions are correct.

I have tried every dimension setting and filter I can think of for end to end/string/and locating dimensions in the iso settings. This happens on my company iso style and also default iso style (Ansi-B spool). Have tried on 2024 & 2025. Image attached. Any ideas on why makeup length is being added more than once? 

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta