AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error when Creating Ortho Views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DonHenley
1210 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal Error when Creating Ortho Views

I am getting fatal errors every time I try to edit or create ortho views in AutoCAD Plant 3d.

I should clarify that these are the first orthos I've made since switching to P3D 2018. I was able to create one ortho view, but no more, and I can't edit the existing one. The first one may have been before I uninstalled and reinstalled to fix another issue. I can't remember for sure.

The error occurs after I click either the green check for "OK" or the red X for "Cancel"

G4oOo5e

This is the error I get. The codes I get are different every time. I did get the same "Exception at" number twice in a row, but haven't been able to reproduce it.

CPXGOLV

I have also attached the error logs.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

----------------------------
64-Bit Windows 10
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz
NVIDIA Quadro M4000
32GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DonHenley
in reply to: DonHenley

Update: I uninstalled P3D completely and reinstalled. Simply selecting "Reinstall" did not help. The problem went away so my guess is it was a bad install.

Rather unfortunate as this is the 2nd "bad install" of P3D 2018 in 2 attempts over the last 3 months. Third time's a charm, right?

Unless anyone else has a contribution, I'm going to mark this as "solved"

Thanks again.

64-Bit Windows 10
NVIDIA Quadro M4000
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 4
Ruffy85
in reply to: DonHenley

Maybe this helps

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/error-loading-upiconfig/td-p/6577700

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 4 of 4
DonHenley
in reply to: Ruffy85

Thanks. If I have any more odd bugs, I'll try this. I have been installing from the "Autodesk Desktop App"

Let's pretend that says "Plant 3d"Let's pretend that says "Plant 3d"

64-Bit Windows 10
NVIDIA Quadro M4000
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta