AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elbow stub-in inline

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Tom_Jipping
267 Views, 11 Replies

Elbow stub-in inline

Hello once again,

I noticed that back in 2015 somebody also posted this exact problem but nothing was done about it, or so it seems. So that's why I'm posting it again.

Why can I not get a stub-in to get inline with the vertical pipe? You would guess that a stub-in in the centerline would be the default option but unfortunately this is not the case. Has there been any development on this issue since 2015?

Attached a screenshot of the situation.

OG post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/elbow-stub-in/td-p/5580824

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
h_eger
in reply to: Tom_Jipping

Dear @Tom_Jipping ,

simple answer: NO

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Tom_Jipping
in reply to: h_eger

Dear @h_eger 

Okay, so is there any other workaround for this problem?

Message 4 of 12
h_eger

Dear @Tom_Jipping ,

Not known to me.
Please create a support case with Autodesk.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
DVaquand

Hello

Here is a principle for creating a stitch centered on an elbow

Select the pipe to place on the elbow.
Preferably activate the “Tubing on pipe” option
Force the "QUADRANT" and click on the end part of the elbow, not on the pipe.
Orient the direction of the pipe

== French ==

Voila un principe pour créer un piquage axé sur un coude

Sélectionnez le tuyau à placer sur le coude.
Activez de préférence l'option "Tubulure sur tuyau"
Forcez l'accrochage "QUADRANT" et cliquez sur la partie extrème du coude, non pas sur le tuyau.
Orientez la direction du tuyau

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Si mon message propose une solution, veuillez cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"
If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Tom_Jipping
in reply to: DVaquand

Hello!

That seems like the solution! My only problem is that my elbows don't snap on quadrants. I can only select the quadrant snap of the pipe.

Do you know a solution for that by any chance?

Kind Regards,

Tom

Message 7 of 12
DVaquand

Hello

Switch to 2D wireframe mode and select the edge of the elbow near the pipe with QUADRANT snapping

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Si mon message propose une solution, veuillez cliquer sur "Accepter comme solution"

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Tom_Jipping

Thank you! That worked.

But the result is that there is still a slight offset to the stub-in, see screenshot below.

Tom_Jipping_0-1710142588142.png

Message 9 of 12
DVaquand

Hello

For me it works well
Can you send me your DWG file to see?

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Tom_Jipping

Yes of course, see attached.

Message 11 of 12
DVaquand

Hello

Two observations :
1 - Do not define ports S1 and S2 as "Universal_ET" but "BV" for example as for those defined in the catalog.
2 - Do not use the "PlaceHorder..." or "CustomPart..." specification. Set another specification such as "10HC01" or "CS150" or something else.

By using the "QUADRANT" hook, the connection should be created in the axis of the pipe.

Once the branch has been created, if necessary, you can return, from the properties, to the specification and the starting ports, "PlaceHorder" and "Universal_ET"

== French ==

Deux constatations :
1 - Ne définissez pas les ports S1 et S2 en tant que "Universal_ET" mais "BV" par exemple comme pour ceux qui sont définis dans le catalogue.
2 - N'utilisez pas la spécification "PlaceHorder..." ni "CustomPart...". Définissez une autre spécification telle que "10HC01" ou "CS150" ou autre.

En utilisant l'accrochage "QUADRANT" le piquage devrait se créer dans l'axe du tuyau.

Une fois le piquage créé, si besoin était, vous pouvez revenir, depuis les propriétés, sur la spécification et les ports de départ, "PlaceHorder" et "Universal_ET"

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Tom_Jipping

Hello Dominique,

As you mentioned; ''1 - Do not define ports S1 and S2 as "Universal_ET" but "BV" for example as for those defined in the catalog.'' this was my problem.

I also tried it with some other Specification and noticed that the end types of the elbows were set to ''PL'', I changed it to ''BV'' and it worked!

Thanks for thinking along and providing a solution to this (very annoying) problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost