AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing history feature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bettinic
227 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing history feature

Hi all,

Is the drawing history feature available on Plant 3D? If yes, what is the procedure to set it up? (Could not find any Autocad documentation...)

When opening the drawing history tab, I have a message telling me to ask my administrator to access drawing history feature.

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DACOMA3
in reply to: bettinic
Message 3 of 4
bettinic
in reply to: DACOMA3

Thank you very much for your reply. It partially covers my needs.

I'm looking at information about the new drawing history feature:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/getting-started/caas/simplecontent/content/the-drawin...

From what I see, advanced functionalities are now available but here is what I have instead:

bettinic_0-1658755439731.png

Translation: 'You do not have access to drawing history, please ask your admin to access drawing history'

Best regards

Message 4 of 4
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: bettinic

Work History and drawing history are two different things. 

Work History, is an administrative tool that lets you log activity on a drawing in a Plant 3D project so that you can track who has worked on a drawing and what work (not in detail) was done each session.

Drawing History is a function that is available for all drawings that are stored on a cloud sharing platform (like Onedrive, box, Autodesk docs, ...) Those platforms keep versions in memory of the files they store. Each time a user performs a save, a new version is maintained. Drawing History lets the user consult the previous versions that are stored on those platforms.

So to use Drawing History, your drawing needs to be saved and opened from a cloud sharing service such as Autodesk docs, onedrive, ....
The platform where you store these drawings needs to be setup to save older versions of your files, and those versions need to be accessible. 

If you want to have versioning available for Plant 3D then you might want it not only for the drawings, but also for the data. A Collaborate Pro Project might give you both. It stores your entire project in the Autodesk Construction Cloud environment, giving you access to all the ACC features (and viewers) - it allows you to invite others onto your project, and it will give you drawing history acces.

EDIT: Drawing History atm only works for Onedrive, Dropbox & Box, other cloud sharing portals are not supported. Your drawing history in Autodesk docs will not be accessible through the drawing history panel, but it will be visible in the Autodesk docs online portal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report