AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete channel in P&ID

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
431 Views, 1 Reply

Concrete channel in P&ID

Hi,

I am working in a waste water treatment plant project on Plant3d ver. 2020 and facing an issue with identifying a concrete channel in P&ID and how to combine it with a 3D model done on Revit and merged into Plan3D platform ...

First:  In P&ID the symbol for this channel supposed to be a single line ,which is identified in P&ID as a pipe and that  isn't right 

Second:  I am facing an error as this channel supposed to be connected to Page connector ,which required an ID to be connected to the next drawing ,on the same way this channel suppose to have a code and that's another issue as I can't give it a code in 3D platform because it's not a Plant3d element ... 

So my question is : How I make the software differ between Pipe line and concrete channel in P&ID and how to give it a coding in the same time with respect to be connected to a solid came from Revit and facing the same issue in iddintefaing it as nothing in Plant3d library understand it when I convert it to a smart object ..

Thanks in advance 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Tomislav.Golubovic
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to decide how detailed you want the channel IMO. If its just a 'placeholder' part, then model it with CAD and turn it into a P3D Equipment. If you want it more detailed, then by all means model it in Revit, then export to CAD to be placed into P3D, or leave it as Revit and link a NWD into P3D as a reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta