AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog items on tool paletes not found.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
michael.leachUWX5B
281 Views, 6 Replies

catalog items on tool paletes not found.

We have three of using P3D 2023.  Our pipe specs are on a shared drive that we all three pull from.  I am the keeper of these pipe specs.  The issues we are having is on catalog parts, whereas the other two guys get "symbol can't be found".  We aren't talking about custom stuff, that works fine, talking standard catalog items, like elbows, tees, flanges, etc. copied from a catalog to a pipe spec.  We recently had our desktops replaced with a P3D reinstall, since then these parts don't work, but work great on my unit.  Is there a setting I am missing for their setup?  We are talking plant models, not P&ID items.  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Have you changed the path to the Shared Content Folder on each of your machines?

Message 3 of 7

Shared Content Folder has the correct path.  It works because the custom valve we have come up no proble.

Message 4 of 7

Only other thing I can think of is the pathing on each persons machine and to make sure all the folders are ok

Message 5 of 7

any chance you can share the spec files here? You can change the .pspx extension to .zip and then unzip it in there you will find a bunch of documents, one of which tells you exactly to which catalogs (and shared content folder) the spec is looking.

Message 6 of 7

Folks, we are encountering the exact same issue.
Was there any solution found for this?
I seen people referring to the contentconfig.xml file, and copying it from current versions default directory, to the shared folder, and replacing it.

Message 7 of 7

@agedzevicius 
See my last reply, the original poster didn't come back (yet).

Can you share your pspx file?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report