AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find a part in the current spec.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2812 Views, 14 Replies

Can't find a part in the current spec.

Hello, I am using Plant 3D 2021 and I am creating a custom spec to the ISO 2037 piping standard. I added the pipe sizes that can be seen on the image below. When I select my custom spec and set the pipe size to 25 Plant 3D says that it can't find a part in the current spec and nothing else happens. I can however place a larger pipe, 63.5 for example, and the shrink it down to 25 via the properties tab.

I have gone over the spec a dozen times and I can not find any solution for this problem.

aroPFYNH_7-1599729810207.png

aroPFYNH_6-1599729786065.png

aroPFYNH_8-1599729840295.png

aroPFYNH_9-1599729876197.png

aroPFYNH_10-1599729949392.png

aroPFYNH_11-1599729995839.png

aroPFYNH_12-1599730022922.png

Labels (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear @Anonymous ,

Please do not use commas separators for "SIZE" or "NOMINAL DIAMETER"
Only integers are processed correctly.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

Hello @h_eger, thanks for your reply. I have been told to design the pipes according to the ISO 2037 standard that can be seen below. How would I go about adding these pipes if I can only use integers? All of the other pipes sizes and fittings that I have added work with comma seperators and it is only the 25mm OD pipe that has problems.

aroPFYNH_0-1600072891488.png

Message 4 of 15
h_eger

Dear @Anonymous ,

have you already tested this pipe spec in a new Plant 3D project?
or in a new drawing?
If you have made a small mistake when creating the pipe spec, it may be that Plant remembers this and therefore the DN 25 does not work properly.
Please also check whether the values for S2 are correct for DN 25

If everything does not lead to success, can you provide us with your pipe spec for test purposes?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

@h_eger I tried creating a new drawing inside of a new project and the problem was still there. I have attached the spec to this message. PSPX files are not supported as attachments but you can download the file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cba-AAX9muK069kWx21nQ1A4kT6HGEID/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 15
h_eger

Dear @Anonymous ,

now please upload the file "ISO 2037.pspc" otherwise the pipe spec will not work in Plant 3D

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Message 8 of 15
h_eger

Dear @Anonymous ,

Everything perfect, all nominal sizes work straight away from DN25-DN100.
See image:

2020-09-14_16-38-41.png

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

@h_eger Hmm that is interesting. I have noticed that when I place a 25mm tee the properties state the spec as placeholder metric and has an extra line called "Required Spec", but if I place the same tee in a different size for example 38mm the properties state the spec as ISO 2037 and there is no line called required spec. Also if I remove the placeholder metric spec from the project and try to place a 25mm tee or pipe I get an error saying Unable to load spec file ISO 2037, but still the other sizes work perfectly.

I have also had a colleague try the same spec which also results in the same error I am having.

aroPFYNH_3-1600096530407.png

aroPFYNH_2-1600096500394.png

aroPFYNH_0-1600096700924.png

Message 10 of 15
h_eger

I have also tested all T-pieces, all of them work perfectly from DN25-DN100

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Do you think there might be some setting that I am missing that is causing the problem?

Message 12 of 15
h_eger

Try to create a new standard project and then test the pipe spec.
If this does not bring any improvement then it may be due to some parts of the configuration.
But I don't believe in it because it works fine for me with Standard 2021 Plant 3D.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

I am also using standard Plant3D 2021. Are you using any custom profile?

Message 14 of 15
h_eger

no, we use the standard profiles of AutoCAD Plant 3D

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

I finally got it to work. I added some extra rows to the NominalDiameterMap so there was one row that said 25mm=DN25 and another that said 22.6mm=DN25. I removed the original mapping and everything works fine now.

Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report