AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2021 copies PID template to VAULT P3D project folder and avoid any further modifications

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
IsmoK
1142 Views, 19 Replies

Vault 2021 copies PID template to VAULT P3D project folder and avoid any further modifications

With VAULT (2021.0.1 update) and Plant 3D (2021.1 update) modifications at project settings at client side is OK at first modifications round. System copies PID-templates from template folder.

When make modifications for project setting another time and trying to save them, you'll get an error message "File already exists on VAULT server" 1008. 

It seems that these copied PID-templates are not include project settings modification.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
MateusMaciel
in reply to: IsmoK

This list of vault errors can help you:

https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/214075069-Vault-error-codes

1008: AddFileExists  - Cannot add file because file exists.

mateustilapa@gmail.com
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: MateusMaciel

Hello! I have same problem too!

I make screencast about this problem. Something happened to my voice but i think you can handle this problem.

Just take a look when i try to check in these project setting back to the Vault.

For some reason, Plant 3D want to copy these templates files under Vault project folder? And when templates are copied, then there appear error: File are already exists in Vault (1008)

So i think that is the bug!

Screencast link:

https://autode.sk/2QfAAiy

I put this problem to Vault forum too, im not sure which place is the best way to ask about this problem and how we solve this?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/vault-2021-copies-pid-template-to-vault-p3d-project-folde...

Message 4 of 20
sunlh
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous @IsmoK 

Sorry for the in-convenience, we are investigating the fix.

The reason: the dwt file is copied to project root folder on Vault server.

Currently there are 2 possible workarounds:

1. Remove the file from project root folder on Vault server. - this may not be practicable if the project setup is changed frequently
  2. Copy the dwt into the project root folder, and points to it in project setup

I will update this thread if the fix is available. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: sunlh

Hello @sunlh 

Thank you very much!

We are waiting 🙂

Message 6 of 20

Does p3d works well with vault? I'm in trouble now!😥

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: 85180200

Hello @85180200 ! Yes, it works well!

I just move these templates files to another place and system works! So, in project setup there is "wrong" place in templates (P&ID and Plant 3D) when Plant 3D/Vault don't find them and then Plant 3D/Vault don't try to put these templates files to project folder which is in Vault.

When you are making new PID drawing/3D model you can select templates files differently.

So now we need to wait service pack / hotfix to this problem but right now my way work! 🙂

Message 8 of 20

i've met many many problems, the project settings sometimes didn't override the ones on vault.i can't dare to use refresh from vault to p3d. i want to know how you make it.thank you 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Well im not sure about you errors 😮

In my Plant 3D problem was just these templates files...

I notice this errors when i check in project settings first time. I make video in this error.

In video you see that when project settings try to check in first time its going to add "KPAProcess.dwt" and "KPA3D.dwt" to Vault.

Well first time is okay but second time start to problem. Before i cant change project settings at all and refresh not help.

Well only way was to move these templates files to another place

Message 10 of 20

how long have you used p3d with vault.everytime i change to another project,or i close the software,it will synchronize with the vault,but maybe sometimes there will be mistakes,tell me it can not refreshed completely,and click to the daily record,it shows me some notice:PCompletionStatus.FailedToAcceptChanged
and there is a mark on the project.the time be changed.pngthe yellow notice.png

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

I have use Plant 3D and Vault one (1) month and no problem?

That mean another error you told about... That's explain!

I recommend you to make new post to this Plant 3D forum because this is another error you told about.

I think reason is somewhere permission? I can't help you with this error 😕

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

Hello @sunlh !

Do I need to make new forum post or can i response here? Please response me soon!

Because I notice that Plant 3D have new update 2021.0.1.

I installed that update and I noticed some other errors... Same problem continue but problem have change place... 😄

So, now when I will update project settings, templates don't cause problem anymore.

BUT

Problem is move to Import/Export (not matter to PID/P3D) settings place. Normally this place is empty. When I try to update setting there appear error:

Plant3D_error_importexportsettings.png

So I notice that:

1. I make new exportimport setting and named it Plant 3D

2. Then i update project settings and its pass. But WHEN i update settings again then there appear same error than before (files are already in vault)

3. Then i delete that settings from Plant 3D and system works!

So @sunlh  please response me that you understand problem? I can show more picture or videos

Message 13 of 20
sunlh

@Anonymous , yes the template issue is fixed in the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021.0.1. The new issue seems to be related, we can use this thread.

I understand the problem, and looks like delete is the only workaround for now.

Message 14 of 20
sunlh

@Anonymous , please confirm if you need to repeat the deletion to make it work, or just one time work.

The issue should because we added support of managing 3D import/export settings in the update.

Another possible workaround, should be one time work too.:

1. download the 3D import/export settings to local workspace folder, if not removed from Plant 3D yet
  2. remove them from Vault server by using Vault Client
  3. check out, check in project setup

Please let me know if this works for you.

Message 15 of 20

How‘s your work going on? In my plant3d,i changed the settings,and then the date of some files updated,but on vault,they didn‘t. Will you please show me yours like this:Projectfile2.pngProjectfiles.pngProjectfiles3.png

Message 16 of 20

Would you please give me some advice on my project?Thank you very much!

Message 17 of 20
sunlh

@85180200 , your issue is totally different, and based on current information, I can't see what the issue exactly is.

I suggest we discuss in another thread, to reduce confusion on this thread.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Hello @sunlh 

Well this problem can solve just one time! It seems like that.

In vault project when i make new project settings named it "Plant 3D" then this project setting go to Vault under project folder.

When other designer go to project then setting file is already there, so error don't happend.

Sometimes appear that "file are already in vault" and sometimes not.... weird 😄 But well when this error happend then we can just delete this project setting file from Plant 3D Delete button.

But I think this is another bug?? Am I right? So lets waiting update 2021.0.2? 😄

Message 19 of 20
sunlh

@Anonymous  Actually I can't reproduce your issue if I already have the 2021.0.1 update and empty import export settings folder.

I guess the issue may already exist before the update, just not sure about the trigger.

If you can reproduce it after installing the update with a new project, please upload a screen cast.

Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

@sunlhNow error don't happend other project?? That happened just one time and just one project?

I think everything is fine right now but wait and lets look when other designer download this update. I am "Key-User" so I test first and then all other update by itself.

Thank for helping! I will come back if this error appear again 🙂 I will upload screencast if that error appear again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta