AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not select equipment in P3D 2025 after using C# to add nozzles to custom equipment.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bill_cochell95RWZ
161 Views, 1 Reply

Can not select equipment in P3D 2025 after using C# to add nozzles to custom equipment.

Using the samples provided in the Plant 3D (P3D) SDK I have been able to convert a collection of blocks into a P3D Miscellaneous equipment entity.

The properties are being set and everything works until I add nozzles to the equipment. The "Disconnected ports" are added but when I click on the pencil icon to edit the nozzle nothing happens.

What is worse is that after adding the nozzles the Modify Equipment no longer works. Before adding nozzles I can click on the equipment to open the dialog to see the properties. After adding nozzles the command line says. "Invalid selection. Only one equipment item can be selected." when I click on anything associated with the equipment entity.

I use:

eqHelper.SetNozzleLocation(s_CurrentEquipmentType, ni,
new Point3d(nozzle.OriginX, nozzle.OriginY, nozzle.OriginZ),
new Point3d(nozzle.EndX, nozzle.EndY, nozzle.EndZ),
0.0, ecs);

to add the nozzles.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It turns out, the problem happens when I use a value for the third parameter when I call the Update Equipment Entity method of the Equipment Helper.

This works for me:

equipmentHelper.UpdateEquipmentEntity(s_CurrentEquipmentId, s_CurrentEquipmentType, null, s_CurrentDwgScale);

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta