AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Pipeline Group to Aquire a property from custom DWG properties - Not working

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SteveHartley
336 Views, 6 Replies

3d Pipeline Group to Aquire a property from custom DWG properties - Not working

Hi all, 

I have set up some DWG properties in a category called "Design Criteria" Max pressure, temp, operating temp etc etc. 

Then I have added into my 3D class definitions under p3d line groups, the same property types and have then set an acquisition rule so the goal is that whatever process line is modelled inside the DWG takes on these design conditions as properties.

However, when I check my line properties, the acquisition has not worked and it has the over-ride symbol shown next to the field, even though it's set to acquisition & i actually cant manually type the property in this field it seems locked.

See below screenshots below. 

SteveHartley_0-1658920532404.png

SteveHartley_2-1658920755731.png

SteveHartley_3-1658920877237.png

Please can anyone shed any light on this or provide any solutions to achieve a similar goal. 

Much appreciated.

CAD Manager
Mechanical Engineering Technician
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
h_eger
in reply to: SteveHartley

Are the drawing properties also filled in?

PLANTREFRESHACQPROPERTY executed?

It works perfectly for me

27-07-_2022_13-43-11.jpg27-07-_2022_13-42-48.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jabowabo

Line groups cannot acquire drawing properties as they do not have a parent/child relationship with drawings. In other words, a line group can span multiple drawings - so it cannot acquire from any specific one.  Unfortunately, this is not made clear in the interface.

Message 4 of 7
h_eger

Dear @jabowabo ,

As long as I construct all systems separately in one drawing each, it can work with the auisition from drawing properties.
By the way, we work in exactly the same way.
One drawing for each process system

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
SteveHartley
in reply to: h_eger

Hi All, 

Thanking you for the replies, 

@h_eger  yes I had just put a placeholder "1" in the drawing properties and then run the PLANTREFRESHACQPROPERTIES command.

I am creating my models so that each DWG only contains one service, specific to refrigeration, such as LSS (Low stage suction) and then that model will contain different line numbers to represent lines that branch off of the main run. 

I still cannot seem to get it to work, even after creating a new DWG as a test and starting fresh. 

I think as a workaround for me I will just leave them as editable properties and select the piping manually in the model, which is easy enough to do, I just thought I could do it with the drawing property instead.

Thank you for your contributions. 

PS. My end goal is to carry this data through into the Isos 

SteveHartley_0-1658949299555.png

SteveHartley_1-1658949354952.png

CAD Manager
Message 6 of 7
SteveHartley

With just adding the properties I wanted to the pipeline group class properties, and use select all connected parts in the model, then entering the values in the properties dialog manually,  it was very easy and it achieves the result I was after on the Isos. 

SteveHartley_0-1658963379177.png

CAD Manager
Message 7 of 7
jabowabo

@SteveHartley wrote:

With just adding the properties I wanted to the pipeline group class properties, and use select all connected parts in the model, then entering the values in the properties dialog manually,  it was very easy and it achieves the result I was after on the Isos. 

FYI, you only need to select a single item on the line group to change the group properties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report