AutoCAD on the web Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on the web Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on the web topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with font substitution & autosave

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
enis_bahadirDDQGP
354 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with font substitution & autosave

I have been experimenting with the trial version AutoCAD web, everything works fine but I have a couple of annoying problems.

1. The autosave is too frequent and slows the app down significantly when it occurs. I couldn't see a way to turn it off in the preferences window. Can it be turned off or made less frequent, say, every 60 minutes?

2. Every time I open a dwg file, during the initialization phase all the fonts are replaced with simplex.shx, and it takes quite a long time. I am fine with the font itself, but going through that every single time is quite tedious. Is there a way to keep the shx fonts i.e. make the font changes persistent so that the time replacing fonts is spent only once when the dwg file is opened for the first time?

I should add that the machine I am using has a Debian 11 installation that doesn't have Microsoft fonts, which might be causing the font problems.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hey there. Glad to hear you're enjoying your free trial. To your issues:

1. Autosave is not currently a feature in the web version of AutoCAD. Is it possible you're running a LISP routine that's triggering the Autosave? If not, I'm curious what's causing this, and would like to hear details about when it's happening.

2. I see your problem. As you've noticed, if AutoCAD can't recognize a font, we automatically replace it with Simplex. As a solution, I'd recommend uploading the drawing fonts to your support files. On the Home Screen, if you click "Manage Support Files..." on the left side tab, then go to Fonts, you can upload any font styles. It's a one-time action for you to take, and this will not only save you from having to wait for fonts to load on each drawing, but also will have the correct fonts display in your drawings.

Jeremy Goldman
Senior Learning Content Developer, AutoCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators