AutoCAD on the web Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on the web Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on the web topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us feedback on AutoCAD web

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
acadhelp1
7154 Views, 38 Replies

Give us feedback on AutoCAD web

Hello AutoCAD web app community!

At Autodesk, we know that feedback from you is what makes our products better. That’s why we want to hear your thoughts about the current app. We hope you are willing to share your ideas, wishes, and general feedback about the app in this forum. You can reply to this post or create a new post with your feedback.

We look forward to hearing what you have to say, and we hope to gain a better understanding of what we can do to make the AutoCAD web app even more useful to you.

Thanks!

Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: acadhelp1

Hi,

I don't know if it's possible but it could be great to be able to modify the crosshair size and color in the web app.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 39
kerry.ko
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, it's not possible to modify the crosshair size and color in the AutoCAD web app. Thank you for the feedback, and I will definitely pass this along to the team. To help me understand how you are using the AutoCAD web app a bit more -- do you mind giving me some context and how changing the crosshair size and color will help? 

Thanks for your time!

Kerry 

Kerry K
Product Manager, AutoCAD
Message 4 of 39
tjdinkel

Our organization uses the AutoCAD Mobile app on the desktop with the Windows app, and primarily over iOS and Android mobile platforms outside the office, to share out the viewing of DWG files.  Will there be any enhancement to the speed the Windows app and/or web version operates, especially when loading your storage provider and the DWG files themselves?  It takes about a minute just to load the Google Drive storage provider (though glad this option finally came back from before), and then another minute just to load a shared DWG file that is approx. 2 - 6 MB.  We extensively used the previous mobile app for Windows (before the app/web version merger), and it used to be like the current iOS and Android versions of the app that are blazingly fast in comparison.  I compared the "enhanced" Windows desktop app and web CAD side by side, and there does not be be much of a difference with how slow it responds now on a Windows desktop.  This is not just related to COVID-19 traffic, since the app on my Android phone is still quite fast with the other app (please do not discontinue it!).  Are there any thoughts of just returning a BASIC viewer app for DWG that can be used by anyone with a Autodesk account?  I suspect all the drafting "features" to operate in CAD are what are grinding the operation of this app and web version to a crawl on a desktop.  Any other suggestions to effectively share out rapid DWG viewing would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 39
Richard.Vivanco

Hi

I opened the mount view sample dwg file that appears in the sample carpet.  This file originally comes in architectural / imperial units.  When i change the units to decimal the size of the project change in a extrange way.

Is there a way to obtain a correct conversion?

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 6 of 39
mwn
Community Manager
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Hi Richard,

Can you please email me the DWG so I can take a look at what's going on?

Best regards,

-mike

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 7 of 39
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: mwn

Sure, this is a screenshot, its a file that appears in the sample folder.  I attached the dwg too.

sample.png

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 8 of 39

Hi Richard,

I can't see how units are behaving from the screenshot you've shared, but when I open that sample drawing, everything is working as it should.

When you change the Units to Decimal, are you expecting that to convert the drawing to the correct dimensions in CM or MM? If so, this is not quite how units work in AutoCAD. Since this drawing was created in Imperial scale, one unit equates to one inch. When you change the scale to Decimal, it won't re-scale the drawing; it'll just display the units in decimal form instead of in Imperial form (for example, 3'6 1/2" becomes 42.5000). If you wanted to make this drawing so it made sense in Metric, you would need to Scale everything.

Jeremy Goldman
Senior Learning Content Developer, AutoCAD
Message 9 of 39
mwn
Community Manager

Hi Richard,

We are curious where that sample file came from. That isn't one of our sample DWGs that we add to users accounts in AutoCAD web. Also can you be a little more specific with the issue you are seeing with units? I'm not sure what the issue is that you are referring to.

Best regards,

-mike

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 10 of 39

Hi Jeremy

Ok, i understand now.

But maybe in the future you could implement a factor scale to convert this, or include a buttom to set the units in meters instead of decimal.

Thanks.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 11 of 39
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: mwn

Hi

Thanks for your support too.  This file appears in the sample folder. 

About my main question,  i found the solution.

Thanks.

sample.png

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 12 of 39
Richard.Vivanco

Hi again

About lsp and dwt files, i can upload it but cant use in the web.  Is there plans for the future to use them?

And finally, about large images (jpg) i upload one that have 4K resolution but dont have tools to reduce the zoom, the application crop the image automatically.

Thanks.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 13 of 39

Please include an option to order the files by date, type of files etc.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Message 14 of 39
mwn
Community Manager

Hi Richard,

That is a real sample file but it came from AutoCAD mobile. A co-worker tracked it down.

-mike

Message 15 of 39
Udo_Huebner

hello Jon, 

To get advantages using AutoCAD Web - support for Object enabler should be included.

Otherwise, it's useless if you open Drawings from Civil 3D with AEC Objects.

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous

Hello, Is there any plan to make Web autocad in collaboration with the colleagues online at the same time in the same cad file ? which is similar to docs and sheets from Gsuite 

Regards

Message 17 of 39
EasyDawg

I just searched the entire internet looking for a simple 2D CAD system to replace my AutoCAD 2007 LT that is now locked up forever due to no support and then I actually found this thru BOX. 

This seems to be a beautiful solution for me. I am a Fusion 360 subscriber, still learning it, but need simple 2D for my pool designs and plans for my pool construction company. I just do polylines, recs, circles, offsets, text and dims and do not need the clutter and overkill of a full CAD system. There is still a place in the world for simple CAD. 

So I think I will love this after trying just about all the simple CAD stuff out there, free and paid, but is there anyway to change the drawing space background from black to white???

Would need to change text font type and color also?

Also I do not need the tracking clutter that is part of modern CAD. I start my line or anything else in the direction I need to go and then type the distance and there I am! I turned off everything I see that might kill the tracking numbers, lines and arcs. Like trying to get a spider web off my face  =O  I know I'm probably the only one  😃

Message 18 of 39
acadhelp1
in reply to: EasyDawg

@EasyDawg 

Unfortunately, the space colors cannot be customized. AutoCAD web does not have controls to disable the dynamic input on the screen. We are trying to keep the system as simple as possible.

Can you say more about what you don't like about the dynamic input?

Currently, we don't support a broad font set nor enable text style editing.  

What font are you using?  what format SHX or TrueType?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 19 of 39
EasyDawg

As far as dynamic input it's just clutter to me. I do lots of polylines so I just start the line, type distance, turn another direction, type distance and so on. Either using ortho or polar @ 15 degree increments so I always know where I'm going.

For fonts I'm no fan of the wire frame shx, I use Arial if I have to, sometimes Sergio UI.

In the command line I see a "current text style" showing my table font but saying: "no" but cannot seem to change it.

The other thing is the command line is 6 lines high down in the corner of the screen taking a lot of space. I fully understand keeping it simple, that's all I'm looking for.

Message 20 of 39
Richard.Vivanco
in reply to: EasyDawg

Hi

In the future include and option to sort the files by date, file size, type.

Include quickproperties for selected objects, too please.

Thanks.

Richard Vivanco V.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report