AutoCAD on the web Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on the web Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on the web topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD web embedded into Website

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bengilmore1252
1041 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD web embedded into Website

Hello... is it possible to embed AutoCAD web into a companies website ? (post on this topic are years old, so I thought I would ask again).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You can try to use an <IFRAME> window, but do you really need the full DWG editor? If you want to just display and review DWG files, you can use the Autodesk web viewer code or APS (Forge) APIs and cloud services.

Vladimir Michl, www.arkance-systems.cz  -  www.cadforum.cz

Message 3 of 7

Hi @bengilmore1252 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @vladimir_michl  helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 4 of 7
stuartparry
in reply to: handjonathan

Hello,

it looks like AUTODESK partially solved the issue, which includes allows the user to selected DIM style section under MISC location in the bottom of the settings menu. When you select this option you now get 2 otions: STANDARD Lite and STANDARD. If you select STANDARD, then you get all the decimal points, however, when you select STANDARD Lite the it works for archictural mode.

HOWEVER, there is another bug: the visual numbers are obscured by a square so you can't see it in CAD. You can only see the dimensions when you select the dimension measurement.

Can AUTODESK solve this as it's annoying.

Also, there is another issue which seems very irriating. You cannot change the linetype scale at all...it defaults to 1.000 but you can't change it...it's greyed out. Can you share you to fix this?

Regards,

Stuart

Message 5 of 7
a_pirozzi
in reply to: vladimir_michl

Hi, 

I would to do the same question.

I would to embed Autocad in my web app to edit or create DWG files.

I look about Javascript API, but is it possible to embed in an iframe and simple upload, download and delete the DWG file by API, without develope all the features in my web page?

If it's possible, what license I need?

Message 6 of 7

Yes, it is possible to embed AutoCAD Web into a company website using an iframe tag in the HTML code. Get the embed code from AutoCAD Web, copy it, paste it into your website HTML. Test to ensure it works properly.

Message 7 of 7
a_pirozzi
in reply to: puttykey2024

Is it possible to get some code example?
1) the example that upload the dwg file with API

2) the example that manage the authentication

3) the example that download edited dwg file with API

4) the example that delete the edited dwg file in AutoCAD Web server

5) Some screenshot that shows the graphic result

Thank you for your answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators