AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging an online drawing and its xrefs to save locally

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ISG-mpower
335 Views, 3 Replies

Packaging an online drawing and its xrefs to save locally

Recently I was using the AutoCAD Mobile app to do a little bit of drafting in the field and to attach xrefs in the drawing. However, when I came back to the office and tried to open the online drawing on my computer all of the xref images were unresolved because they were still stored only in the Online folder. What I would like to be able to do is package the online drawing and all of the xrefs I attached in the field and download it all at once rather than downloading each individual file and then copying to the local folder stored on my drive. Does anybody know if this is currently possible or a workaround?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ISG-mpower

You can access your autocadmobile files in any browser on any computer in any OS, including your desktop: why not grab what you need there.

Trick to know is where do you store your files? The default spot or on a 3rd party drive?
Message 3 of 4
ISG-mpower
in reply to: pendean

Everything was stored in the default folder for AutoCAD Mobile and yes I can access the files there, but I have to select each file and download it individually. I cannot even select two or more files and download simultaneously. Even if I could do that, it would be more useful, but if I have to access the files on AutoCAD Web on my PC and download each one individually, it is not worth attaching xrefs while in the field. If I am working in the field and attach 20 photos as xrefs, it is not very efficient to have to download each one individually. 

I am thinking that if I stored the files in a 3rd party drive that they would be easier to download as a zip folder or something compared to the default AutoCAD Mobile folder.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ISG-mpower

@ISG-mpower I see what you mean: you will need to post a feature request to do all of that in this other forum to get that ability added/reinstated https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mobile-ideas/idb-p/228

We standardized on OneDrive some time ago (DropBox before that) for all of our online /remote files access needs and enjoy the more robust feature-rich abilities built there, as well as newer desktop AutoCAD versions abilities to connect there too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report