Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad MEP 2018

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shahforshah
1460 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad MEP 2018

I have downloaded Autocad MEP Global educational version. Please tell
me how can I work on existing drawing that is in metric system. I
tried to draw a round duct but didn't get an option in properties to
change its diameter in millimeters. what I got maximum size is 59.
Your support is needed. Thank you.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: shahforshah

Are you sure you just downloaded a global version or you downloaded AutoCAD MEP and are starting the program with the global version?  When you install the software you can install a global profile, a metric profile, or an imperial profile.

To start with a metric profile you can modify the shortcut you are using to make sure that the loaded profile is metric.  

Right click on the shortcut and go to properties.  Then in the target box paste the following line.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (US Metric)" /product "MEP" /language "en-US"

Change the version to your specific version.  Notice the /p switch which tells autocad the profile to start with.

Alternatively you can go into your options and change your profile to the metric profile.  If the profile is not there then you will need to modify your installation to get it to install.

Message 3 of 5
shahforshah
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you. Please mention the difference between Autocad MEP 2018 (Global) and (Metric) version.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
shahforshah
in reply to: Keith.Brown

After copy and paste following as instructed, I can see Autocad MEP Metric in the profile.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD MEP (US Metric)" /product "MEP" /language "en-US"

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: shahforshah

@shahforshah wrote:

Thank you. Please mention the difference between Autocad MEP 2018 (Global) and (Metric) version.

Thank you.

I believe the difference will be in the units of the aecb objects.  Additionally, there is less or more items in each of the catalogs.  I generally only use Imperial so I am not that familiar with other profiles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report