Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMTS not visible after adding to map

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
creamcake33
940 Views, 7 Replies

WMTS not visible after adding to map

I am working on Swept Path Analysis for large loads and have been trying to use a WMTS. I have been able to connect to the server via MAPWSPACE. After pasting in the url and putting in the username and password, the data connection seems to work. 

I can select the data to add to map, once highlighted it seems to add it, but when I zoon extents there is no visible map. Is there a setting I've missed because I've trawled the forums cannot find a fix.

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: creamcake33

I don't think zoom extents will generate a visible map, although it might if you wait a long, long time for the connection to regenerate. Try zooming-in to a smaller, tighter area to see whether the connection will give you visibility.....then zoom-out slowly to a wider area expanding the coverage so you find the limit where the connection cuts off. BTW, each time you zoom and pan the map will need to regen so use pan/zoom judiciously.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
creamcake33

Hi,

I didn't expect zoom extents to generate the map, I did that to search for it incase it popped in off screen. The problem is the map never appears.

Message 4 of 8
creamcake33

Just to clarify, the drawing has been assigned coordinates, the Bing maps are visible in Geolocation. I just cannot see the map I tried to add using mapwspace data connect.

Message 5 of 8
ChicagoLooper

Turn on Bing Hybrid and use it as a guide, pan and zoom to your site. Draw a rectangle surrounding your site then zoom-in on the rectangle so it fills up most of your monitor then connect to your WMTS. Does the map connection appear inside the rectangle?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
creamcake33

I turned on Hybrid, drew a rectangle zoom in etc, then connected to the WMTS nothing happened. 

Message 7 of 8
creamcake33

I have since tried other WMS and WMTS servers listed on GeoSeer and their maps have added without issues so it must be a problem with the WMS provider I used. 

Message 8 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Just maybe a few "stupid" ideas :

1) Please set the correct Projection with the MAPCSASSIGN command

2) Zoom (please use GEOMAP to know where you are !?) to a 5km x 5km rectangle/square (where you have "data") ...

And then try to reconnect ...

The Health, Bye, Patrice (The Old French EE Froggy)

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report