AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing AutoCAD maps 3D file in AutoCAD LT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
580 Views, 4 Replies

Viewing AutoCAD maps 3D file in AutoCAD LT

Hello All,

We purchased a copy of AutoCAD maps for our business and have made excellent use of it.  However Others here use LT.  I was hoping that there was a way to have the mapimage created in maps 3D saved as an actual image object so that when opened in LT that small piece would still be visible.  This has come up a few times when I am out of the office and others have needed to make small changes to the drawings on top of the images.  Without the image as a reference this is very challenging.

heres hoping you guys know a trick for this.

JD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Export current map tp dwg format.  _mapexportcurrentmaptodwg coomand. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Murph

You have to export (_MAPEXPORTCURRENTMAPTODWG) the FDO Map as a "standard" DWG viewable

by ACAD, ACAD LT, ACAD Archi, ACAD MEP, etc

or by any other DWG compatible CAD software ...

Happy New Year and THE HEALTH

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks for the replies.

When using that command I am essentially creating a whole new file?  There is there now way to just convert the mapimage to an inserted image without actually inserting and rubbersheeting it?  Any connected SHP files become line objects.  Other than that everything appears normal.

I asked a coworker to open this test file and he can now see the SHP objects but the small portion of map that I had captured as a map image is still unavailable.  On opening the file there is a warning that pops up regarding the lack of the propper object enabler.   I did a quick look around and cannot find one for Maps 3D to LT. 

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

JD

Message 5 of 5
Murph_Map

If you have a FDO connect image it gets converted into a png format image file. You can connect to that image in a blank dwg then convert map to ACAD dwg format and use the png image for the LT users. Otherwise if you want them to see and use the map like you can in Map3D then they will need Map3D. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report