AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to paste polyline without being replaced by OLE Object

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1826 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to paste polyline without being replaced by OLE Object

I am trying to cut/copy and paste a simple polyline from AutoCAD 18 to MAP3D 2014. I will select the PL and cut, then moving over to my MAP3D product. (both applications are open at the same time) I will type ORIG (for paste original coordinates)....nothing happens.

If I do a CTRL V, it will paste a OLE Object. So it will replace my PL with a white background, however the PL shows in the whitebox.

Originally I thought this was down to certain CAD drawings but i cannot pinpoint it.

I started creating blocks in CAD then to insert in MAP but this is taking too long and sometimes that doesn't work.

What is with this OLE Object issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I did a quick test with Civil and Map 2017. Copying a polyline from Civil to Map works - select pline, context menu > clipboard > copy and in Map Ctr+V.

I assume you mean AutoCAD 2018? 

Not sure why it doesnt work - difference in version maybe? 

Rob

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I did a quick test with Civil and Map 2017. Copying a polyline from Civil to Map works - select pline, context menu > clipboard > copy and in Map Ctr+V.

I assume you mean AutoCAD 2018? 

Not sure why it doesnt work - difference in version maybe? 

Rob

Yes AutoCAD 2018. I also can follow the "context menu" route and it wont work.

Message 4 of 8
parkr4st

did you zoom extents and ctrl A?  that pline may be out away from the area of the dwg being worked on.

does shift-ctrl-c and paste with the base point produce different results?

dave

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

Yes, sorry I do this also, A or E. It does going from CAD 2018 to MAP3D, yes.

Generally the pline will copy over, however I`ve not pin pointed it to certain drawings yet.

Ive been working on a piece of work for the last 12 months for a client and all has been fine. It seems to be over the last 3 months its crept in but I cant pin point it to an update either.

I am going to try and replicate it on a colleagues machine and will return with the results.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

**Update**

Just tried the exact same process on a colleagues machine and it worked. The Pline moved to MAP3D with no issues.

So the OLE Text object is a single PC issue.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

**Further update**

Autodesk have been in touch with something very similar. Looks like Autocad 2018 isn't compatible with MAP3D 2014. Great!!!Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 8
max_bellato

I know it's been a long time but did you ever find a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report