AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase dimensioning is not working

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
1532 Views, 30 Replies

Topobase dimensioning is not working

Dear All,

I use an enterprise industry model in  AutoCAD Map 3D, I only installed the dimensioning extension but didn't install any modules like wastewater  or water model.
In my previous project I installed the mentioned models along with dimensioning, and in  AutoCAD Map I could use the extension through eneterprisei ndustry model explorer. It created all the lines, points and labels.

But, when I tested this in my new project, I only could add one point, and after nothing happened. I tested it with different AutoCAD versions, and it was all the same.
Does anybody know is it because i didn't install the models or is it  something else causing the problem?

Many thanks
Emese

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think Your maximim Y coordinate is less than in Your map, or am I wrong?
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous

eagle-eyed? well spotted.

The extent is small - In my opinion you can set the extent generously - we have set it to 0,0 - 10000000, 10000000.

rob

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous

I don't think so.

I claim that extents are good.

I will try to do it with brand new model with big extents.

I will write you about effect

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous

Hi guys,

Thank to Brigitte Koesterke form Autodesk I saw that problem is connected with my Enterprise Model. I checked it on my local instance with this same extensions and it works correctly and when I make a new enterprise mode form scratch dimensions also works correctly.

What can be a reason of that?

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

as suggested - increase the extent of your IM document.
Secondly - remove dimensioning extension, close IM, open IM, enable dimensioning extension again.

Rob

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous

Hi Robert,

I checked on other enterprise model wiht excactly this same extents.

Second sugestion - a have made it few times.

Maybe other spatial errors?

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous

Guys,

I need to admit that You guys were right.

The problem was coused by to small extents.

In other enterprise models sometimes this extension works, because accidently i put this dimension in right part of map.

Thank you guys for help. Kudos for you:)

I have one more question: is it possible to force ACMap to not asking about help line?

I removed this feature class (DIMENSION_HL) and Map still ask me to select leader point, but I don’t need it.

I can say more – it disturb me.

How to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous

I know very well that you are tired with this case but I can’t find any help for that.

The problem is that client demand only simply dimension without any help line etc.

I saw that help line has one specific argument: type of line OO

When I remove this line also arrows and label is removed – that’s OK.

So I decided to make some rule/trigger to automatically remove lines where OO I set as type of line but it doesn’t work.

Here you have short movie about it.

How to solve this problem?

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous

hi, why don't You simply change the display settings and don't display that specific line? Or do You want to remove them from the database also?
Message 30 of 31
Anonymous

When you make a rule in dispaly model that only OA line type is visible that will couse a situation that points and line isn't visible but it is hard to make label depents on any value.

Message 31 of 31
Anonymous

And when we talk about removing help line form data base - this is not a solution any time to remove sth.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta