AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase dimensioning is not working

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
1530 Views, 30 Replies

Topobase dimensioning is not working

Dear All,

I use an enterprise industry model in  AutoCAD Map 3D, I only installed the dimensioning extension but didn't install any modules like wastewater  or water model.
In my previous project I installed the mentioned models along with dimensioning, and in  AutoCAD Map I could use the extension through eneterprisei ndustry model explorer. It created all the lines, points and labels.

But, when I tested this in my new project, I only could add one point, and after nothing happened. I tested it with different AutoCAD versions, and it was all the same.
Does anybody know is it because i didn't install the models or is it  something else causing the problem?

Many thanks
Emese

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Emese,

What is your data? Need more information on what you're trying to do.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

I created my own Feature classes, i chose the feature class type
"Dimension" in Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator (Oracle based)

--
Szász Emese
Message 4 of 31
Pointdump

Emese,

Sorry, I haven't ever done anything with Oracle, so I won't be able to help. Perhaps another Forum Member will come along with advice.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

the dimension extension on its own is not of much use. You need to have some features as well. Did you set up a feature class?

Rob

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for your answer, I set up a feature class of course. With the same settings in my previous project the dimensioning worked fine. The only difference was, that in my new project I didn't install any models like water or wastewater.

Emese

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

you can use dimensions with your own industry model as well.

Did you enable the geometry construction tool extension? Dimensioning requires that.

Rob
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

yes I did, I checked all the versions are the same in my 2 projects

Emese
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous

I started the command from Industry model explorer - Orthogonal Complete. I specify the abscissa start point, and then the command ends and nothing happens 😞 I reinstalled the dimension and geometry construction tool extensions. And it's still the same. I have no idea what could be the problem.

Message 10 of 31
Anonymous

did a quick check with ortogonal complete and works fine in my own IM.

if you are lucky you might find something in Map's log file (installation folder\logs).

Log viewer: yalf.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous

Thanks for Your answer again.
I found this:

2016.01.04. 10:03:26: Configuration Read from:
C:\Users\szemese\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D
2015\R20.0\hun\Support\infocenter.xml
2016.01.04. 10:03:30: ICommunicationCenterConnector.SubAwareServiceUrl does
not contain valid URL.
Attempting to load from registry
2016.01.04. 10:03:30: SubStatus: No or Bad URL defined in registry - Using
default: http://cadservices.autodesk.com/subscriptionservice/subservice
2016.01.04. 10:03:30: Polling:2 threads started
2016.01.04. 10:03:30: SubStatus: Polling...
2016.01.04. 10:03:30: SubStatus: A kiszolgáló kivételt okozott. (A kivétel
HRESULT-értéke: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
2016.01.04. 10:03:31: Polling: All threads finished
2016.01.04. 10:03:59: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
(0x80004005): Egy COM-komponens hívása HRESULT E_FAIL hibát adott vissza.
a következő helyen:
Autodesk.Private.InfoCenterLib.ICommCntrManager.GetChannelsAndContents(Boolean
bWithContents, Boolean bSignedUpChannelsOnly)
a következő helyen:
Autodesk.Private.InfoCenter.CommunicationCenter.GetChannels(ConfigurationUnitCollection&
channelCollection)

--
Szász Emese

Ezt
az e-mailt egy Avast védelemmel rendelkező, vírusmentes számítógépről
küldték.
www.avast.com

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous

I found the solution, I gave wrong map extent in the beginning, that was the reason the dimension didn't work. Does anybody know if it's possible to digitize only point or line features instead of using the orthogonal complete command from the industry model explorer? Emese
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous

Does anyone have any instructions or movie with making new dimension on map?
I don't know why can't I put any dimension into my model? I try make it step by step according to software help but there must be some lack of information. I will appreciate any help.

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

could you describe what you have done so far and what exactly stops you from creating dimensions?

Rob

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous

So first of all I want to apologize for language. I have most of my software in Polish so print screens are in polish too and my translation might be not always clear.

First think what I do in Autodesk Infrastructure Administrator I check Dimension Extension for my Enterprise Model (also Geometry Construction Tool Extionsion which is necessary).

First step

Next I mark all new topics in Explorer Manager to make them visible in AutoCAD Map 3D.

Next in ACMap 3D i add all this classes into  display model.

What I do next I show in this screencast.

http://autode.sk/1VEs3mY

Once more - sorry for polish language

Generally I go step by step according Map3D help

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...

I think that I have one small lack of knowledge which couse unability drawing new dimension.

Any advice?

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous

Hi,

as I can't read the command line messages - is there any error message displayed?

If not - have you tried different dimension types - same result with all of them?

After creating a dimension - open the data table for the dimesion layer and check, if the table contains the newly created features. If yes - then there is some display issue - click on one of the table rows (click left left most column  - just before FID column), Map should highlight the featue in the drawing. Do you see anything? Depending on which dimension type you create you need to check different layer and data table.

If table is empty - mh, don't know. I would expect an error message whilst creating the dimension.

Rob

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous

Hi, Did You check if You gave the correct map extent for the model? In my case, that was the reason i could't use the dimension tools. Regards Emese
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous

Robert - unfortunetely there is no new row in data base (even in SQL Developer I can't see anything) and there was no errors displayed.

szemese_gis - any tip how to check it? Why could it couse this kind of error.

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous

If Your data is not in Your defined extent, dimension is not working. I use a metric system. I have to give the maximum and minimum X any Y coordinates in the extent. in the TB_INFO table You can check PARAM.DEFAULT_SPATIAL_MIN/MAX records. If You have this king of problem, You also have to update the sdo_geom_metadata
Message 20 of 31
Anonymous

I know what you mean but it's not it.

Extent1.JPG

Extent2.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta