AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem converting polylines to GIS format

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kajar
551 Views, 3 Replies

Problem converting polylines to GIS format

HI!

I'm having annoying problem converting polylines to SDF.

I have drawing with polylines and those polylines must converted to SDF format.

Problem is that after mapexport lines are converted as multilinestring not linestring. 

In sample drawing I have four polylines and i want to convert them to four features, but this is not possible.

I tried to convert them SDF, SQLITE, SHP or even Postgresql but same result.

But strange is when I added manually another polylines(layer COM_LINE_MANUAL) then those lines are converted correctly.

Can someone suggest what is wrong with initial polylines.

Initial polylines are in layer COM_LINES and manually created polylines are in 0 layer.

Can anyone help me?

Kajar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kajar

Hi,

the polylines, that are exported as one multilineobject ... am I correct that these lines were originally multiline objects and imported to Map 3D? I guess yes, as I can see that there are dictionaries  saved to the objects, just to not loose the info about the previous structure information.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
kajar
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

But how I can fix those polylines not to become multilines after export?

I tied to xplode polylines to lines and then exported, but lines was also exported to multilines.

I need featuses are created exactly like polylines: one polyline = one line feature. 

Message 4 of 4
kajar
in reply to: kajar

I found solution to split features parts using Qgis->Multipart to Singleparts. I dont know how to do it using Map. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta