AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving or backing up the scale list

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1380 Views, 7 Replies

Saving or backing up the scale list

Is it possible to save the scale list so that when changes are made to my computer or I do an update/upgrade I can easily reinstate it? Re-entering everything each time is really not working for me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Create it in the startup template (DWT) that you use to start a new dwg. Then o a rename or make a copy of that dwt to copy/replace any time you need to after a repair/upgrade or service pac. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Perhaps it is just me but I am struggling to follow that?

Are you saying this is per file, not a universal setting? How do I apply this to all my files then? Please tell me I don't have to sit and edit every file now?

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

Yes it's by file not a system variable or setting. One way to get all the different scales you want in your dwgs is create one dwg with all the scales you want then save that dwg as Scalelist.dwg. Now any dwg you want all those scales in just insert (insert command) the Scalelist.dwg and when it asks for the insertion point press the "esc" key. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

Ok thank you. But then I have to send that file with to other users too? I dnt think thats going to work here. sigh

Is there really no way to mass change file settigs like this on a  number of files? I have literally hundreds of files that I have to share with others and if they don't have the scalelist file int he right place (and they won't) then it wont work for them.

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you can define a default list of scales in the AutoCAD _OPTIONS dialog:

20160519_1132.png

Then, whenever you open a drawing which does not contain your scales you can run command _SCALELISTEDIT and use button RESET and you'll get your scales added to the drawing and the scales from the drawing, which are not used, are cleaned out.

20160519_1135.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ah so that is awesome. I have not managed to ue everything in OPTIONS!

But, can I back that up?

Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> But, can I back that up?

This setting is part of the AutoCAD profile, so you can export the profile after you created your predefined scales, that is your backup (for that release of AutoCAD).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta