AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot to PDF Transparency

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
todd.beavan
1204 Views, 5 Replies

Plot to PDF Transparency

I've upgraded to AutoCAD Map 2021.  I am having problems plotting to a PDF with transparency.  When I select the option to Plot Transparency, my transparent hatch plots correctly, but it also fades my text and some other linework.  When I turn off the Plot to Transparency, as expected my hatch isn't transparent and the text and other objects do plot correctly.  I'm generating the PDF using the DWG to PDF.pc3 option.  

I've attached examples of my plots.  In each case, the transparency of the hatch is set to the object and not the layer.  The transparency of the text is set to the default (0).  Also, the text and hatch are on separate layers.

I'm sure I'm missing something...

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: todd.beavan

Forgive my old eyes, but I am finding it a challenge to see any difference in the text in the two PDFs you posted, what am I missing?

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 6
fieldguy

i agree with @pendean. i tried with multiple hatches with & without transparency using dwg to pc3 in vanilla 2018 and can't recreate any problems with text quality - none that i can see anyway.  

does it change if you turn off the raster back drop? 

Message 4 of 6
todd.beavan
in reply to: fieldguy

Thanks for the replies. I think I may be on the track to solving it, with some help from my colleagues. 

I never had this problem using AutoCAD Map 2020, so I was/am confused. It is related to my version of Adobe. 

I’m using Adobe acrobat X Pro. I’ve had someone open the pdf in Adobe DC and it looks fine. It also prints fine from my Adobe. 

I don’t know exactly what is causing the problem, but I’m thinking it’s an AutoCAD driver issue...

Message 5 of 6
pendean

>>>...I’m thinking it’s an AutoCAD driver issue......<<<
>>>...I’ve had someone open the pdf in Adobe DC and it looks fine...<<<
>>>...It is related to my version of Adobe. ...<<<
Your last sentence identified the problem 🙂
Message 6 of 6
todd.beavan
in reply to: pendean

I guess I'll mark this as "solved".  I've been communicating with AutoDesk, and the only resolution is to update my version of Adobe Acrobat.  Seems to me that something changed when updating from AutoCAD 2020 to 2021, but maybe not...

I've included a screenshot.  The left image shows the plot from AutoCAD 2021.  The right image shows the plot from AutoCAD 2020.  They're opened in the same Adobe application (Adobe X Pro).  So if the issue is with adobe, why does it display the image correctly from 2020, but not from 2021?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report