AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapexport to KMZ not working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
traciKG5YY
331 Views, 4 Replies

Mapexport to KMZ not working

I have recently gotten a new computer and downloaded Autocad Map 3D and my mapexport is no longer working. It will go through all of the steps but will not create a file. Everyone else in my company is working and the only thing I can see that is different is the file type on theirs is simply Kmz/Kml and mine says OGC/Google KML (.kml, .kmz). Is there a setting I need to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: traciKG5YY

Hi @traciKG5YY 

Are you using Map3D? Or Civil3D?

There are several ways to export to KML/KMZ.

What are you trying to export? Points? Lines? Polygons? A combination of points, lines and/or polygons?

Would it be possible to upload an image(s) of the dialog window showing the steps you have mentioned?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
traciKG5YY

I am using Map 3D and mapexport all of the above. Sometimes it is points, Lines, polygons or a combination of all of those. 

I use the Mapexport command, When it asks where to save it and select the file type this is what I get for options: 

traciKG5YY_1-1709831060587.png

I select the OGC / Google KML option as that is the only option for a KMZ. This is the next box that pops up and I select what is shown in the screenshot and then select OK: 

traciKG5YY_3-1709831208565.png

After this step it typically creates the KMZ however It is not creating anything?

Hoefully these help

Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Have you used the 3rd Tab when MAPEXPORTing to KML/KMZ ?

I think that the LL84 Projection Option is important !?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ChicagoLooper

@traciKG5YY 

<< I select what is shown in the screenshot and then select OK: >>

What is the object you are selecting? 

<<After this step it typically creates the KMZ however It is not creating anything?>>

Can you also select the object then upload a screenshot while its still selected? Make sure the Properties Palette is included in the screenshot so the object's properties can be evaluated. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report