AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically texts with 9 decimals but i want 3

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
culea_catalin277313
631 Views, 10 Replies

automatically texts with 9 decimals but i want 3

hello,

Can you help me with this issue.

I manage   to insert automatically texts with the surfaces of some polygons. The problem is that the texts are displayed with 9 decimal  and I work with 3 in the units settings. How do i change them??? From settings, units setings and dim style settings it doesn't work.

Thank you .

Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi @culea_catalin277313 ,

Replace  

.AREA

by

(rtos .AREA 2 3)

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 3 of 11

thank you very much, where can i find this type of codes?

Can you also type the code to show with 3 decimals and m from meters? this is the last question.

thank you again.

Message 4 of 11

try

(strcat (rtos .AREA 2 3) " m")

or perhaps (area is square meter?)

(strcat (rtos .AREA 2 3) " m²")

this langage is Lisp

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 5 of 11

thanks again, have a nice day
Message 6 of 11

Hy

Can you also help me with a formula to show each polylines the lenght like this : x.zy ml (3.23 ml)

thanks again verry much.

Message 7 of 11

Hi @culea_catalin277313 

(strcat (rtos .LENGTH 2 2) " ml")

rtos is used to convert "Real To String", with property you want  .AREA for area, .LENGTH for length...

first digit 2 is to say you want decimal value (orther possibily is Architecture, Scientific...)

second digit 2 is number of decimals

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-D03ABBC2-939A-44DB-8C93-FC63B64DE4A2 

strcat is used to concat string value

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-4430B1BF-DBB5-49D1-98F9-711B480976A1 

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 8 of 11

hello, thank you also again and for those links from help autodesk.
Message 9 of 11

Hello, I'm sorry to bother you.

I have another small problem. The issue is that in 3dMap I see the writings with surfaces and lengths, but in the dwg viewer on the phone or in Autocad LT they do not appear because the small database with lsps is not attached. I somehow tried to explode up those texts, hoping they would somehow become individual, but no. Is there another command that somehow "puts them manually" so that others can see them in other versions of autocad.

Thanks in advance

Message 10 of 11

Hi,

With command MAPTOACAD you can export your map as a new "static" DWG, which can be open/view in any other CAD product/viewer.

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 11 of 11

thank you once again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report