AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 2009 - More Display Manager agonies. Layers disappear.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
324 Views, 8 Replies

Map 2009 - More Display Manager agonies. Layers disappear.

I have three layers (elements) in Display manager. The aerial photo is at the bottom of the list. Some points that have text attribute labels are at the top of the list and all the check boxes are checked. I changed the size of the font for the text, then did a regen all, and at first I see the text, then it disappears. If I turn the aerial photo off (uncheck the box in display manager) the text is there.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,
Pat
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use UPDATE rather than aregen, does it do the same

John
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry this is sooooo late, but where do I find UPDATE? I tried entering it in the command line and got nothing, and I tried using Help but nothing there either.

Pat
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Right Click in the display manager.

--
Murph
www.map3d.wordpress.com

"Patrick" wrote in message news:6029627@discussion.autodesk.com...
Sorry this is sooooo late, but where do I find UPDATE? I tried entering it
in the command line and got nothing, and I tried using Help but nothing
there either.

Pat
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks. Found it and it seems to work but I still had to turn the aerial image off then on again. NOw when I add layers via display manager I still get the layers to disappear behind the aerial even though they are stacked above the aerial in display manager. I can't figure out what is going on between having layers turned on normally and via the display manager. There is no simple explanation of this in any of the help.

Display manager is nuts as IMHO.

Pat
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I don't know if this will help you or not but I'll post it anyway. I've noticed that whatever layer is current when you open your map is the layer where all of your display manager layers will be on. So if you turn that layer off your features from the display manager disappear.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks,
I am not sure what you mean but here is what I did.
I just made a new layer and made that layer current.
I used display manager to make a new map (Data>NewMap).
Then I added three layers that already existed as normal layers. I added an aerial, a line layer and a point layer. The line and point layers were stacked on top of the aerial but were hidden behind the aerial. I did UPDATE but nothing changed. I turned the aerial off in the display manager then on and the linework and points were visible. I then did UPDATE again and they disappeared again. Crazy.

Pat
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

So more undocumented weirdness. If I add a layer to a map in display manager then change to a diffent map (or the default) that has no layers added to it, then the layers are no longer available in the "normal" screen. For example if I add the aerial to the display manager then change to the default, I can no longer see the aerial. BUT that is only some of the time, and some times it is ok. I just can't figure it out.

Pat
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I turned off the aerial image and any other layers that are NOT getting messed up (i.e. only have the layer that disappeared turned on) > Select All > Right click > Draw Order > Bring to Front. Turn the aerial image back on and it worked for me...best of luck! Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report