AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert SID file Map horror

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kalman_albert
1851 Views, 10 Replies

Insert SID file Map horror

Mapiinsert -> SID file  ... error.  Unusable software.

MapsidErorr.png

--------------------------------------------
"Nothing will ever be as it was!"
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Is your image MrSID 4th generation? Or MrSID 3rd generation?

What version of Map3D are you running? Older versions of Map3D, e.g. 2017 and older, don't support 4th gen MrSID images, they'll only work on old images like 3rd gen. So if you're running an old version of M3D, you can perform a work-a-round.

Open the image in another program and perform a SAVE AS to a different format (jpg, jp2000, tiff, etc.) then open your newly saved image in M3D.

Would it be possible to upload your MrSID to the forum?

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 11

Map 2021,  the error is very clear, from Feb 4 2020 I think Autodesk should make a little effort for a hotfix update or any … but who cares?

There are some problems in cpp file ImageCorrletion. I delete the sdw file and works.

I uploaded the sample.

Message 4 of 11

It works for me. Start from a brand new, clean metric template. Assign an appropriate coordinate system to modelspace such as UTM84-34N (or you  may use an alternate coordinate system that's applicable to your area).

1. Use MAPCONNECT to open the Data Connect Palette. Add the image  you uploaded in Post #3 of this thread. You do NOT have to delete the sdw file. See image-1.

Image-1.Image-1.

2. Your image will be listed in the Data Connect palette. The image's coordinate system, for some strange reason, will display <unknown> so you'll have to perform a manual edit it to give it one. You can perform this edit by highlighting the image=>Edit Coordinate Systems button=>Edit Default=>Search Box=3844=>Highlight 3844=>SELECT Button. See image-2.

Image-2.Image-2.

3.  The Data Connect palette will now display the coordinate system you assigned to modelspace and the correct coordinate system given to the image by its author. Now click ADD TO MAP. See image-3.

Image-3.Image-3. 

4. Your image will appear in modelspace. To verify the geospatial position, turn on Bing Hybrid for your basemap. See image-4.

Image-4.Image-4.

To get this image inserted accurately, you must do this:

• Assign an appropriate coordinate system to modelspace. An appropriate coordsys is one that is applicable to your site. (Since your site is in Manstur, Cluj-Napoca, Romania UTM84-34N covers your area. You don't necessarily have to use UTM84-34N, you may choose whatever coordsys that's applicable to your area.) 
  • Verfiy Map3D is interpretting the correct coordinate system given to the image by its original author. If M3D reads the coordinate system incorrectly or displays <unknown> then you'll need to manually override it with the correct coordsys. Finding the 'correct' coordsys may, or may not, involve research on your part. This research may be difficult for beginners but for true professionals it's easy.

Chicagolooper
Message 5 of 11

I think was very clear: Mapiinsert.

I did not say anything about Data Connect.

I appreciate your efforts to show me how should I  use Data connect for raster,  fortunately, I use Map 3D for more 20 years.😜

Mapiinsert versus DataConnect  Raster ? Yes, good question. I prefer mapiinsert.

Message 6 of 11

OK, understood. You can insert using MAPIINSERT without the sdw file. Are you saying if the sdw file has not been deleted then you get the Correlation.cpp error described in your opening post. Is that correct?

Are you inserting your image with or without a coordinate system assigned to your modelspace? If you are using a coordinate system does Bing map appear correctly in the background after insertion? Just curious how it works for you and your type of mapping.

Chicagolooper
Message 7 of 11
O_Eckmann
in reply to: kalman_albert

Hi,

Your world file uses comma as decimal's separator instead of dot. So scale value of 0,18 is convert to 0 instead of 0.18 

For Map 3D, inserting picture with a scale of 0 generates this error.

If you replace comma by dot, your sdw file works great.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
Pointdump
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Olivier,
Good catch!
Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 9 of 11
kalman_albert
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Good job. The  sdw was generate by "beautiful" Esri government services.  The SID has insertion point I did not care about sdw, I did not open it, only I delete it and works. But is a big mistake to create such a file. But is also a programming erorr în Map, is not acceptabil for such a situation to get a fatal error.

##- E3Please type your reply above this line -##

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Message 10 of 11

It may be the whole and fractional part separator selected in Windows.
To work successfully in Map 3D, I always install a point in Windows. With a comma, some Map 3D actions result in Fatal Error.
But by default, there is a comma in Windows.

By the way, Global Mapper opened this sid.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 11 of 11
O_Eckmann
in reply to: kalman_albert

Hi @kalman_albert ,

I agree with you, Autodesk's developper should produce more robust code.

TryParse function to convert string into real should be evaluated in case of success, but result should be evaluated too.

A pixel size of 0 should produce an alert message not a fatal error.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta