Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Map Not Displaying

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karienh
345 Views, 8 Replies

Geographic Map Not Displaying

I'm currently working in Autocad LT. I've never had a problem with inserting an Aerial GEOMAP, but today I'm having trouble with the map displaying. I follow all the steps (Insert tab on the ribbon, Set Location, from Map. Pick my coordinates and choose a GIS coordinate system accordingly), and I can see the GEOMARKER, but the map does not display, the map IS NOT turned off. What could be the problem?

I am also signed into autodesk and I have an internet connection.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: karienh

What is your LT version as listed in ABOUT command please?
And what is your OS?
Message 3 of 9
karienh

Product Version: T.161.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2023.1.2

I use Windows 10 Business

Message 4 of 9
pendean

@karienh wrote:

Product Version: T.161.0.0 AutoCAD LT 2023.1.2

I use Windows 10 Business

Thanks for the information: all of that matches what we run in our offices too. a quick test here in LT2023, AutoCAD 2023 and AutoCADArchitecture 2023 (and following your stated methodology), we see maps here.

We are based in North America if it differs from your location.

Did this pop-up ever show up for you? It is missing from your methodology, and some folks accidentally click that bottom box to make it go away.

pendean_0-1674661488105.png

Message 5 of 9
karienh

Thanks for your quick response! We're also within North America.
I recall this pop-up, and I usually just click on "Yes". In the case that I may have clicked on no and remember my choice, how would I find this box again to fix the issue?

Message 6 of 9
pendean

@karienh you can reactivate any dismissed popup like that in OPTIONS command's SYSTEM tab, button labelled HIDDEN MESSAGES SETTINGS.
Message 7 of 9
karienh

@pendean I don't seem to get a pop-up even after reactivating that in the settings.

Just to give some insight here - I follow all these steps and it seems that I successfully inserted the map, but it just doesn't display. A fellow worker can open the file and the map then displays for him, so he would capture and area of it, save the file and when I open it I can see the map now?

Message 8 of 9
karienh

If I change any properties of the map (Fade, Brightness, Contrast) then the map disappears again and this error message shows up, forcing a shut down of the program.

karienh_0-1674663626529.png

Message 9 of 9
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report