AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of only selected visibility state to SDF file in autoCAD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
abalekai
208 Views, 7 Replies

Extraction of only selected visibility state to SDF file in autoCAD

If i have visibility state for my blocks I wanna extract the block information through SDF file, Is there a way where I can pull the only selected visibility state ? Because when I am trying to extract the data, it is for multiple visibility state. I want only particular info that I need to bring in the file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: abalekai

Hi @abalekai 

Data extraction will extract the 'current' visibility.

Even though your block might have multiple visibility states, the DataExtraction procedure will only extract the visibility state that's displayed during the procedure.

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 8
abalekai
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Hi Thanks for the solution. But sorry may be my question was manipulating but i was trying 

to do ATTTEXT and extract the data in SDF format. but this was pulling both visibility details. But i needed that to pull the information for only the visibility state that I was trying to select.

Message 4 of 8
O_Eckmann

Hi @abalekai ,

Do you want to extract only the name of visibility state? or with each visibility, you have some other informations to extract?

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
abalekai

Hi @O_Eckmann ,

Say I have a block which is of 2 visibility states. ex: A dining with 4 chairs, say this is visibility 1 and a dining of 6 chairs is visibility 2. Now I want to get the extraction Via SDF notepad but want to get the information of visibility 1, Then how should I do this ?

Message 6 of 8
O_Eckmann

Hi,

SDF is a GIS database file proprietary format of Autodesk, and you can't open it with notepad, and it isn't very common to export architectural drawing into GIS format, so are you sure you want an SDF file or a TXT file to count number of blocks according to their visibility (in this case, answer of @ChicagoLooper with data extraction is the good way).

I join a screencast for data extraction, and another one where I add a invisble attribut, and manage visibilty and the fullfilment of this attribut by a property's table.

visibilty state and attribut manage by table of properties and export to SDF file as point and value of attribut as data 

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
ChicagoLooper

@abalekai 

You are using a command named ATTEXT which was popular 11 years ago. That command still exists today but it’s not as efficient as another, more powerful method. 

IMG_2033.jpeg

You can use DATAEXTRACTION command. It will easily extract ‘data’ from your block. The result can be either SDF (space delimited file with extension .txt) or CSV (comma delimited file, extension .csv). If you open either TXT or CSV using Excel, you’ll see the extracted data in individual cells as neatly arranged rows and columns. 

IMG_2034.jpeg

In addition to .txt and .csv you may also format the extracted data to .xls or .mdb formats. 

IMG_2035.jpeg

If you have 6 blocks with visibility state 1 and 4 blocks with visibility state 2, then you can extract all 10 blocks at the same time and identify which visibility state each block is currently using. You may generate an external file in either .csv or .xls format (both can be a Table that’s organized with columns and rows) displaying ALL 10 blocks, each block on a separate row. Depending on HOW you perform the extraction, each row in your Table can even show the x,y coordinates of each individual block. 

Chicagolooper
Message 8 of 8
ChicagoLooper

duplicate post. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report