AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message - define industry model layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
473 Views, 3 Replies

Error Message - define industry model layers

Morning, Started a drawing from Electric NA template. Data Connected to tax lots and road names. Placed transformers in the drawing using Electric Ribbon Device, did a Save as, when bringing up the saved file and go to add the transformers to the container, I get an error message "

Command:
ELADDFROMMAP

Please define industry model layers in the map first.
Feature Container [All/Segment/Duct/Conductor/dEvices/sTructures/cIrcuit] <All>: A

Please define industry model layers in the map first.

Command: *Cancel*

Any ideas on what to do?

I am new to Map so I am unsure of what it wants me to do, I have tried going on the TASK PANE/Display Manager/ right click on Electric North America and update. which has no effect. Also refreshing the layer TRANSFORMER has no effect. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Have a Great Day! B"H

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

In the Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2​016 Readme, the answer is provided for the issue you are running into.  With Industry Model drawings, when a crash or some other unclean close has occurred the next time the Industry Model drawing is opened, all layers will incorrectly be displayed as read-only.  This may result in temporary files not being deleted from a temporary folder upon exiting the AutoCAD Map 3D application.  

Solution:

1. Start the “Run…” dialog and enter “%temp%” and click OK
  2. Locate the folder named “Embedded”. (This folder can contain n-1 sub folders where temporary file(s) are stored.)
  3. Remove all files and sub folders under the “Embedded” folder.

After the temporary folder is cleaned out, you can open the Industry Model drawing again to continue working.

Best regards,

Deron

Deron Smith
Message 3 of 4
scheel

Hi,

maybe I think too simple. Do you have tried to generate the standrad display model first?

Do you see any fdo-layers inside teh working area?

No electrical-command will work without generating a displaymodel first.

Once assigned it will generate the assigned displaymodell automatic when opened the next time.

When you see fdo-layers, then check the otheer tip you recieved before me.

Thorsten

Thorsten Scheel
Contelos GmbH

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

thanks for your suggestions...I ended up shutting down the computer as just closing AutoCAD did not help. When everything started AutoCAD recognized the file as it should have.

do not know what causes it as it happens quite a lot. 

Regards

Linda

Have a Great Day! B"H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report