AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV to Polylines for bearings and Distances help

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jharnettKUXLG
157 Views, 0 Replies

CSV to Polylines for bearings and Distances help

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to implement a way to streamline reading plat maps with centerline data into polylines in cad without the usual insert distance,  bearing, ect. Especially for angles as those involve the arc angle, delta, and radius. This is when I have a single brass cap to base it off of and have a whole subdivision to recreate. Looking at using .csv to convert columns and rows from excel to be read with an autocad lisp that extracts that data in the csv and will produce the entire polyline (arcs and all) per excel. I am only doing this as I could get an individual who doesn't have an autocad license to type that data into a csv and minimize cost to just "data extracting" (with each street start and end being a single csv should mistakes occur and so i know where to place the next set of bearings for a new street like intersections).

The original lisp worked perfectly with only bearings and distance columns in csv being extracted and making a polyline out of it, but once I factor in arc data and those columns with that data it seems to fail. I get the standard "no function definition: nil errors, but I am sure there is more to it than that. I will provide the example .csv .lisp and plat in question as it might just be the way I am implementing it in .csv format through excel. I am using AutoCad Map3D 2023 if that matters. If anyone can figure this out that would be great as most Plat PDFs are raster images or scans and I don't have the compatible software to digitize it.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report