AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate system override in WMTS connection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TiStars
301 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate system override in WMTS connection

Hi Team,

Has anyone ever succefully get "coordinate system override" function worked in WMTS connection as below shows please?

I have been trying this using civil 3D/map 3d (2021/2022/2023) for a couple of days but no luck.

The WMTS server I am using just provide NZTM coodinate but I would like to use a local one. 

I would like to make sure Map 3D would definitely do the coordinate system override work without any trouble then I can go back to ask WMTS server to ask them to check if the sever settings are correctly done.

btw, I can download SHP file from the WMTS server and import to Map 3D but I just would like to know if I can save the step and get it done within Map 3D directly. 

Regards and thank you,

TiStars_0-1692737315357.png

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: TiStars

Hi @TiStars 

It’s not an override!! If you override the WMTS’s native projection it won’t appear in the right spot. You MUST honor, accept, tolerate, comply with the data’s native projection. No override!

IMG_1809.jpeg

If you want to use a local CS referenced to NZ you are free to do so. Just make sure it’s applicable to NZ and not some other faraway country such as Canada, Italy, or South Africa. You can use MAPCSASSIGN to assign a CS to your drawing. 

Map3D will automatically perform a TRANSFORMATION from the WMTS’s native CS to the one you’ve just assigned to modelspace

Please be forewarned. AutoCAD, for some bizarre reason, doesn’t play nicely with WMTS url’s. The server connections are flaky. Don’t be surprised if your WMTS can’t connect.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TiStars
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Many thanks @ChicagoLooper !

You are right, I setup local CS in Map 3d/Civil 3D first and setup WMTS connection later without having to "override" anything.  it worked!!!

I have to say, I remember I tried it before but did not work.  However I don't quite confident with my memory.

I am trying WFS connections as the website I work with most of the time provides more WFS service than WMTS.

Thanks again!

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report