AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Multiple DWG Files into One

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
41020 Views, 8 Replies

Combining Multiple DWG Files into One

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to combine multiple DWG files into a single file. The reason I ask, is because where I work, we get quarterly data deliveries that map our Town in 70 different files. To be more efficient, I was wondering if there was a quicker way than copying the contents of file "A" and then "pasting to original coordinates" to file "B" 70 different times. If anyone has found a way to copy all DWG and Paste to original coordinates in one shot, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

3 options:

• command ADEDRAWINGS to connect these mass of dwg-files to your current drawing
  • command ADEQUERY to query data from the external files to your current one ... with possible filtering like some layers, blocks, ...
  • you might also use XRef technology.

Take care to read in the help what exactly happens with that workflow, because you might kill/modify all the external drawings as there exists a write-back functionality for the queried data.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Thanks so much the XREF worked, however is there a way to paste without making each file its own block?

Dan

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> is there a way to paste without making each file its own block

Have you tried the other options ...?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

hi, 

there is no command like below 

• command ADEDRAWINGS to connect these mass of dwg-files to your current drawing
  • command ADEQUERY to query data from the external files to your current one ... with possible filtering like some layers     i Autocad  2016

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> there is no command like below 

Then you are not using AutoCAD Map 3D

This here is the Map 3D forum, that's why this suggestion worked well for others.

When you start command _ABOUT, can you show us a screenshot of that dialog?

Also let us know if you are on subscription and so might have access to the toolsets.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

1. Thank you Mr. Alfred for reply I didn't see 3DMap forum classification because I search for my point on Google then I see the question and answers ......  I not professional autocad user so sorry for confusion 
Message 8 of 9
ktsaleej

My blog shown below link will help you for Insert multiple drawing files ( .dwg or .dxf ) to an AutoCAD sheet

https://ktsaleej.blogspot.com/2017/09/insert-multiple-drawing-files-dwg-or.html 

In this link you can generate AutoLISP(.lsp) program to insert multiple drawing files ( .dwg or .dxf ) to an AutoCAD sheet.

Just fill a form and generate your AutoLISP(.lsp) program and run it in your AutoCAD to insert multiple drawing files.

Insert multiple drawing files ( .dwg or .dxf ) to an AutoCAD sheet.png

Message 9 of 9
maratovich

This may be useful - Click

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report