AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks for importing ASCII files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
АлексЮстасу
618 Views, 3 Replies

Blocks for importing ASCII files

Can select a block to MAPIMPORT ASCII files - Map_Survey_Point or custom blocks.
But why are some blocks available in the list and some not?

Blocks_MAPIMPORT.png
For example, I made a block new_Survey_Point from Map_Survey_Point only by replacing the cross with a circle. But he doesn't appear on the list.
Despite the fact that someone's blocks made explicitly not for importing $0$ScaleBar1_Metric, $1$ScaleBar1_Metric appear in the list.
I can't understand the principle.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

While I found such a ridiculous pattern - if when creating a block description in it there is at least one line or point, then the block appears in the MAPIMPORT list.
If not, it will not appear.
If remove all points and lines from the block definition, the block disappears from the list.
Adding lines or points is useless - this block will not appear in the list. Must create a block description from the beginning.

Message 3 of 4

I am having the same issue. I am having issues reproducing your result/pattern. I created a new block by editing one of the existing blocks. I simply copied over the attributes and geometry from a block we always use when importing .shp files. Saved the block as a new name, and still no luck. What exactly do you mean by "points and lines"? I tried putting a "point" in the block, as well as a simple line in the block, saving it again. Started from scratch with a new drawing, then referencing the block into model space. This was the usual work around to get our block to appear in the list until I created a dwg template. I am stuck, confused, and agitated haha. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Hi, @sjohnson,

By "points and lines" I meant the Line and Point of AutoCAD primitive types.
And it is necessary to have Line or Point in the block before the first saving in the editor.
But I may be wrong - need to see your block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report