Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATCHPLOT drawings containing shapefile

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
daniellewKHL7E
713 Views, 8 Replies

BATCHPLOT drawings containing shapefile

Is it possible to BATCHPLOT layouts when the drawing contains a shapefile? I often prepare drawings with contour shapefiles. Plotting a single layout to a PDF works fine, but if I BATCHPLOT, the shapefile does not plot, even if I set the plotter in page set up to plot to PDF.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: daniellewKHL7E

>>>... the shapefile does not plot...<<<
Not sure how that is even possible: can you share DWG and shape file here for others to try?
Message 3 of 9
O_Eckmann

Hi,

When you say BATCHPLOT, is it PUBLISH ou PLOT in background?

If you publish, please uncheck "background" because this option has never worked properly.

image.png

In your layout do you have only 1 map, or each layout has its own map?

In last case, you can publish, but map is not restored by layout, so all layouts are plotted with map affected at current layout.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your replies. I turned off publish in background, but the shapefile was still missing when BATCHPLOT command was performed (by BATCHPLOT I am referring to PUBLISH). It's the same map in both layouts.

Here are the file and shapefile. Let me know if I haven't included what's needed.

Message 5 of 9
O_Eckmann

Hi,

No problem for my MAP 3D 2018. Here is PDF I obtain by publish.

(I've only SHP for contour, not for LOT)

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
daniellewKHL7E
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Ahh, ok. That one does publish. I expect then that the issue I'm having is likely associated with having an image in the drawing/map.

I've attached a new drawing with the image included (along with the image files). I tried re-ordering the layers (contours on top) to see if that would help, but still not seeing the shapefile when published.

Message 7 of 9
O_Eckmann

Hi,

No problem. Here is screencast of my process : 

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Peter2_1

What happens when you attached other "elements" like images, Geotiff, PDF, Xref, .. - are they plotted?

I see two possible explanations:

a) You have a bad setting somewhere (lot, images,..). (But if this would be true also the manual plot would fail ..)

b) You have a loading / display problem. Maybe the batch starts the plot-comand although the data is not completely loaded and regenerated.

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German / Oracle
Message 9 of 9

Apologies for the delayed response. It's taken me a long time to get back to this issue. I had another look at Olivier's video and noted that the contour shapefiles were at the top of the layer list. For some reason, this didn't work for me when I last looked into the issue, but it worked today when I looked at the file again.

After publishing, I also noted that the shapefile was there in the layers of the PDF (regardless of how the layers in Map 3D were ordered), but they were obscured by the image if the image layer was above the shapefile (thus I could only see the shapefile in the PDF if I turned the image off).

To permanently solve the issue, I figured out that I could create a new map layer specifically for the raster image. Details are below in case anyone else has the same issue:

1. In Map Explorer: right click “Map Base” > Data > Add Drawing Data > Raster Image.
  2. Select raster image > Ok. Note that raster image layer now shows in map layers.

No doubt this is really basic Map 3D knowledge for those people trained in the program. I'm AutoCAD trained, but still figuring out the Map 3D toolset. Thanks for everyone's help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report