AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD problems

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
710 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD problems

My drawings keep crashing.   I will be in the middle of a command and the drawing will disappear, leaving me with a black area.  When I move the mouse around random lines appear and disappear again.  What is going on?  My computer was recently formatted, and it is still occurring.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

what is your op sys, autocad version & vertical and have you updated all of the software,  videocard, proscessor and memory?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

I'm using AutoCAD map 3D 2009.  All software should be up to date.  My vertical?  What do you mean?

Message 4 of 7
parkr4st

what beyond basic autocad you use . Map 3d is it.

my guess you have memory issue or possibly a video card issue.  Did you have the problem prior to refromatting the computer?  what windows version do you use now versus pre formatting?

dave

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

Yes, I was having the problem before formatting,  I believe the Windows version is the same as it was before as well.  I don't know what version though...WindowsXP?  No one else in the office is having the same problem, and everything was loaded the same.  My drawings that crash can be opened by other people without issues.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I have switched computers as well.  The problem occured on my first computer, so I got a reformatted one from somewhere else.  Both have had the issues.

Message 7 of 7
AllenJessup

Have you tried using the Audit or Recover command on the drawings?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta