AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3d 2012 in vmware View Horizon

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
547 Views, 0 Replies

Autocad Map 3d 2012 in vmware View Horizon

Hello all,

I have a question about installing and configuring Autocad Map 3d 2012 in a vmware View Horizon virtual desktop infrastructure.

First some details:

Autocad version: map 3d 2012 64 bit

Windows version: Windows 7 64 bit

VDI Solution: Vmware View Horizon

The way the vdi session works is like this: If you login to a session, in the background a sysprepped windows 7 image is prepared so any installed software also receives this "sysprep treatment". We installed Autocad on the base image but when you start Autocad in this enviroment, it acts as if its the first time it starts.

Our licensing is good, so eventually Autocad will start after running some msi like install procedures, with the welcome screen and the default settings you get when you just installed.

We don't want this. We want to be able to save the settings a customer does so that next time he wil login, autocad is still the same as he (or she) configured it. We have a nifty tool for this called imidio Flex. What this does is saves certain registry values or %appdata% files or settings from the local desktop session to a network location, so when the user loggs of, lets his system be sysprepped again by vdi, and login, these files are reloaded into the appropriate locations (registry, appdata etc). But I have absolutely no clue as to what registry settings or what %appdata% files or whatever files are nescesery to maintain your custom settings need to be stored.

I searched the forums and the interwebs, but to no avail.

It would be great if anyone could point this out to me.

Thank you somuch for any help in advance 🙂

Greetings Marijn Wijbenga

The Netherlands

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta