AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Database Freezes Map Explorer tab of the Task Pane

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
448 Views, 1 Reply

Attaching Database Freezes Map Explorer tab of the Task Pane

When I attach  a sql data source to the map, it freezes the task pane (map explorer tab) and locks out the view data source options. It only happens on the one data source. All other attached databases perform as expected, so I believe it's a setting within the database that is causing the issue, but I'm not certain what it is. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is how it should look. when it's working correctly, you can expand and close the tables and the database, and select the link templates as expected.

this is how it should look when it worksthis is how it should look when it works

When I attach this one data source the whole task pane, map explorer tab, freezes and I can't access any of the options from within the pane. Does anyone know what would cause this?

this is what happens when the affected data source is attached. Nothing can be selected.this is what happens when the affected data source is attached. Nothing can be selected.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: Anonymous

When you look at the UDL file in the folder:

C:\Users\<your user name goes here>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2022\R24.1\enu\Data Links\

what does the connection look like?  Is your Password saved?  Or are you using the windows username?

gluckett_0-1621009304471.png

gluckett_1-1621009343360.png

If you click Test Connection and it works doing it this way, then the issue may be with AutoCAD Map 3D, but if this does not connect, there may be a problem with the Database, the Username, the Password, or the name of the Server..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report