Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need to double click my selection to trim/extend? (select all active)

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
4976 Views, 25 Replies

Why do I need to double click my selection to trim/extend? (select all active)

Using the AutoCAD 2020 LT trial, while I wait on my company to re-do the subscription.  Previously used LT versions 2017, 2018, 2019.

When I trim/extend (select all) I now still have to select the object to extend or trim and then click again to have it trim or extend.  Previously I would only need to select the object if I wasn't doing select all, while with select all active I would just need to click once and it would trim or extend to the next nearest intersection.

Similarly if I select two items to fillet I then need to confirm the selection by pressing enter/return for it to complete the fillet, whereas previously I would only need to select the two objects and it would complete the fillet.

I'm presuming both are a similar solution as they appear to be waiting on a confirmation of sorts to carry out my actions.  Can I change this to how it was in previous versions?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
tlemake
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks CADffm! This was such a silly issue and not such a big deal, but a weird pain to have to deal with.

System Variables strike again... Cheers everyone and happy Friday!

-T

Message 22 of 26
tlemake
in reply to: Anonymous

PX54,

Thanks for asking about this. Such a simple issue in CAD can be so hard to suss out sometimes. I was having the same issue and was struggling just to ask google the right way before it got me to your post. After some saltiness, I'm glad that you and the community here could get to the bottom of this! 

Cheers,

T

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous

A similar thing was happening to me as well, although it wasn't just the trim command, it was every command. If I selected the object before entering the command I had to hit ENTER twice for every single command. (e.g. select an object > MOVE > ENTER > ENTER). I fixed this problem by turning OFF selection cycling. Enter DSETTINGS and uncheck the box for "Allow selection cycling".

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-BD08721C-A2BB-472E-B706-B3E6DC8FCEC7

Message 24 of 26
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

You are repeating the accepted solution.

Did you read it?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 25 of 26
tlemake
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks Megan!

I worked this out a while ago, it still nice that you took the time to help me and the community out!

Thanks salty Rob! Very helpful police-work.

Message 26 of 26
geoffJVSN9

Hi, I had a similar problem of needing to double click for ACAD to perform actions on the laptop that I use at home which would normally only require one click on the desktop which I use at the office even though both applications were set up in the same way. It was driving me mad and thought I'd need to replace the laptop. In my case I discovered the solution by accident as follows;

The function 'f' keys on the laptop have dual functions like brightness, volume and other multimedia actions and the default for the keys is set to multimedia functions. In order to use 'f' keys (which I like to use for ACAD) I needed to press the 'fn' key together with the required 'f' key which was an added frustration. Going into windows setup, I swapped the default so that the 'f' keys became active without the need for the 'fn' key. Weirdly this completely solved the problem of needing to double click for the ACAD actions. I hope this helps some others out there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost