Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport converted to 'Block"... Model space disappears

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
iant123DM83S
946 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport converted to 'Block"... Model space disappears

Imagine a viewport in paperspace showing modelspace geometry, plus annotated in paperspace.

I want to make the viewport and annotations into a 'Block"... so that it all moves together as one block when i reposition the viewport.

My problem is that when I include a viewport in a block, all the model space geometry disappears. Is it possible to include a viewport in a block, yet keep the modelspace geometry visibible? Thanks the hard work you guys do replying to this stuff.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: iant123DM83S

Hi,

>> ... so that it all moves together as one block when i reposition the viewport.

How it could be ? how will you reposition a VP inside a block ??!!

>> My problem is that when I include a viewport in a block, all the model space geometry disappears.

True ... this is how it's works !!

>> Is it possible to include a viewport in a block, yet keep the modelspace geometry visibible?

No !!

is it fine for your case to Lock the VP ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
iant123DM83S

Thanks. Atr least now I know a viewport cannot be part of a block.

I will use 'group" instead.. less preferred option, but at least all the objects I want as one unit will move together as a group (assuming group is active).

But I never know when 'group tool' is active or inactive. It would be great to have the 'group' button display when its active [say like IronCAD-3D that grey out. when inactive]. Many thanks.

Message 4 of 6
imadHabash

you may try GROUPDISPLAYMODE (System Variable) . >> Click <<  OR  PICKSTYLE (System Variable) >> Click <<

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
iant123DM83S
in reply to: imadHabash

My groupdisplaymode is set at (2)... shows bounding box with single pick at the centre. Thanks for the tip.

I would still want the 'Button' on the ribbon to grey out when the group function is 'inactive'. Indicative 'buttons' are like having an led light on a keyboard for Caps ON/OFF... to let the user know if the function is on/off... to save have to manullay experiment to see if it is active/inactive.

If developers get what I mean... see screenshot. Wish list! Thanks for the awesome assistance!

Message 6 of 6
steven-g

@iant123DM83S wrote:

I would still want the 'Button' on the ribbon to grey out when the group function is 'inactive'. Indicative 'buttons' are like having an led light on a keyboard for Caps ON/OFF... to let the user know if the function is on/off... to save have to manullay experiment to see if it is active/inactive.

If developers get what I mean... see screenshot. Wish list! Thanks for the awesome assistance!

Just a note, but the 'developers' allow you to do things like that yourself,  it would involve editing the CUI for the group ribbon tab, and changing the toggle macro to a definite "on" or "off" macro, but you could link an icon to both of those new commands and make your own icon images to suit, placing them in a drop-down button. It's a long description and a lot to take in but if you want to try, take a >>look here<< for many ways to adapt how your Ribbon looks and behaves. BUT this is not for the faint-hearted and remember any changes just in case you want to put it back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators