Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Ports AutoCAD 2022

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
636 Views, 6 Replies

View Ports AutoCAD 2022

Hi All,

Has anyone got any good information on setting up and using view ports in AutoCAD 2022. 

As a company we dont currently use view ports and create and save then PDF our drawings in Model space. 

I have read and heard about using view ports but I am not clear on how to set them up and how to use a drawing boarder with them.  

Any help would be appreciated

Aaron 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Edwin.Rense
in reply to: Anonymous

Please check this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2022/ENU/AutoC...

More information about the subject in the links below the article.

As an ACI I would recommend talking to an ATC for specific guidance or even a custom course for certain subjects.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Edwin.Rense

Hi Edwin,

Would you have any information on custom courses for view ports?

Thanks

Aaron

Message 4 of 7
hwalker

You don't need a course to understand viewports.

The simplest way to explain a viewport is to hold a piece of paper right in front of your eyes so you can't see the real world.

Now cut a rectangle out of it and look through the rectangle. This is essentially what a viewport is, it is a hole in your paperspace so you can see what you've drawn in modelspace.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

I know what a view port is, but I haven't ever set them up before. I also want to know how to set them up with a drawing boarder template. 

By having some training on view ports this would allow me to fully understand how to set them up and use them. 

Aaron

Message 6 of 7
hwalker

set up your border template in paperspace. Then just type MVIEW. Choose two points and this is your viewport.

Or you can search google

autocad viewport tutorial - Bing video

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 7
pendean

There are dozens of good tutorials online, help yourself here https://www.google.com/search?q=autocdesk+viewports+explained

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report