Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical scale issues after last update

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
762 Views, 16 Replies

Vertical scale issues after last update

I've been working making profiles with an exaggerated vertical scale for some time now.

For this purpose have the text my blocks reduced in vertical scale. After this last update I'm having problems with this because when I increase the vertical scale on my profile (the blocks are inside) it doesn't change the scale of the text on the block anymore (they stay reduced). the same with the thickness of my lines.

Is there any change in configuration, or something  I have to do in order to fix this issue? 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Annotative text/dims by chance?
or hard coded text heights in textstyle or dimstyle?

Hard to tell from just pretty pictures, but updating software alone has nothing to do with it I'm pretty sure since we all update all the time.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Not annotative content, heights are fixed.
I've been working like this for almost tree years now and this problem just shown after last update. But not sure if it is the problem, was just the context.
Any guess?

Message 4 of 17
jhenson3dv

I think your TEXT STYLE width factor has been modified, check if your width factor if it's = 1  under ANNOTATE and current text style and then go to MANAGE TEXT STYLES...  then see if it is not proportional to your current text height, it should be not greater than one (1) unless you wanted it to be. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: jhenson3dv

It is right.

The width is 4, in order to be shown normal once I change the vertical scale of the block containing it. The problem is that changing the vertical scale of my block leave my text without changing.

I forgot to say that this is happening in LT 2020, and I don't have this issue in LT 2018. Maybe it's a bug that came with the last update. It's the same for 5 coworkers I have.

Thanks for the reply...

Message 6 of 17
jhenson3dv

I tried recreating the problem, but it looks ok in AutoCAD LT 2020, But consider copying your drawing into a clean or new drawing space and see if the issue persists.

Else, if you could share the faulty block or portion of the .dwg file here so we can further assess the main problem whether if it is a build issue or computer issue or just a settings issue, so many things to consider.

Message 7 of 17
steven-g

Can you post a dwg so we can see the values of various elements? And see if we get the same problems or whether it is just a problem for you.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Here's the block.

Vertical thickness on the magenta line is the other issue besides the letters.

Message 9 of 17
jhenson3dv

It seems like you COMMITED a TEXT OVERRIDE at the properties panel, not in the Text Style Editor, also I can't see any problems on your submitted file and with regards to your magenta line, I can easily change the polyline thickness in the GLOBAL WIDTH FACTOR. 

What is your goal to achieve?, well I can't see any problem with my build.

Message 10 of 17
jhenson3dv

wait, I think I get it, you are fully aware that you were using a SINGLE LINE TEXT yes? , you are fairly limited with text formatting capability with that format, I generally use MTEXT whenever I want more flexibility specially when you commonly fiddle with your settings,  and I find it more flexible using the other text formatting method, however, our mileage may vary.

If this doesn't help, can you elaborate further steps we need to consider to recreate the issue you were having? because I cant find any problem with the file you sent, but let's see what others might say.

Message 11 of 17
steven-g

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having problems with this because when I increase the vertical scale on my profile (the blocks are inside) it doesn't change the scale of the text on the block anymore (they stay reduced). the same with the thickness of my lines.

Can you describe this workflow in more detail? Telling us exactly what you have been seeing in the past. If I select the blocks in your "PROFILE D" drawing then changing either the X or Y scale factor will make your text appear stretched (or squashed)? And if I insert your "PROFILE D" drawing into another file as a block then the text items still behave in the same way when that block as a whole has a different scale factor applied still stretching or squashing the text (but now also the rest of the geometry).

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

We just change the vertical scale(scale Y) to 4  directly on PROPERTIES PANEL (block).

This should give us a profile where the stretched text  looks standard and the horizontal part of the magenta line looks exaggerated (on purpose)[before.png]

The result is not as expected before (I'm talking about my last update). Now in PAPER VIEW and PREVIEW shows no change on text (AFTER.png) it does show those changes on the magenta line. The other way round happens when I publish, It show The text as it should be but the magenta line is shown as a single line. Not even the Global Thickness i choose for it (PUBLISHED.png).

I hope it helps.

Thank you all for the answers.

Message 13 of 17
jhenson3dv

Correct me if I'm wrong, So you were over-exaggerating your Y Values to represent a non-squashed preview for texts? but if you do so the Magenta line doesn't represent properly upon publishing and in vice versa when you try to intentionally change the magenta line, the text revert to a stretched representation and so on. So it's a loop.

Here's what it looks like after I published your file. Yours seems intentionally squashed using an image editor.

Image 01.png

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

In fact I do an exaggeration of my Y values to represent a different scale(H=1:20, Y=1:5).  Doing this the text is shown as must be and the magenta line should be as in BEFORE.png in previous comments.

With before I mean Before I had the problem(possibly with the last update), and that's the way I want It. 

I haven't had a solution yet and you guys don't seem to have the same issue. I'm just Changing to LT 2018 every time a have to publish so I don't have that kind of problem.

Message 15 of 17
steven-g

Now that is strange, I think I am seeing what you see, when you compare 2018LT with 2020LT, try altering both the Y scale factor and the Z scale factor both to 4, does that work?

Message 16 of 17
steven-g

In fact, just using the Y scale change it to just about anything other than 4,     3.99 also works, very odd it doesn't like the scale being the same as the text width factor.

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

That does the job. That saves me the agony of changing from ACad versions just for the publishing. 

Thank you steven-g. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators