Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating old dimension style object to newly inserted different dimension style.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jarives
582 Views, 3 Replies

Updating old dimension style object to newly inserted different dimension style.

Can I update a dimension entity so that it will match a newly and different inserted dimension style. I'm sure the answer is yes but how do I do it? Is there an update command? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jarives
in reply to: jarives

Have I posed the question wrong? When I open an existing drawing that I want to update, I open the dimension style menu. I edit the one I want to change (mainly the text offset distance above dimension line) and then type "make current". I execute a dimension to verify that the changes I made work. Then what do you do. I close the drawing and reopen it thinking that all the existing old dimension styles will now appear with per the new edited setting. But they are the same as before. Can anybody explain to me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jarives

Friend, this is peer support: end users like you and me helping each other out. And most of us don't visit on U.S. weekends.
If you want Autodesk Support then log into your Autodesk Account here https://manage.autodesk.com/home/
then tap the ? and start a ticket, use the callback option and someone will eventually call you next week (they don't work off hours either).

Back to your original query: are you just looking for MATCHPROP command? Look up usage in HELP, that description page will show you where the button on the Ribbon is too.

For your follow up query, look up -DIMSTYLE command's APPLY option to update dimensions to current DIMSTYLE settings. The button for it is on the ANNOTATE tab in the Ribbon, DIMENSIONS panel, button icon is a dimension with ying-yang green arrows underneath it.

HTH
Message 4 of 4
jarives
in reply to: pendean

Thanks so much for throwing that stuff back on me. I was really getting frustrated running into brick walls. At your suggestion I looked at the menu laid out when you click the Dimensioning tab on the upper ribbon. Then right there in plain daylight at the near bottom or listing was "Update". That exactly what I needed. It was so simple. Anyway thanks for the reply on a late Sunday afternoon. I make that Monday deadline after all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report