Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ungroup Objects

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
77003 Views, 23 Replies

Ungroup Objects

Using LT 2014. If I select a few lines and group them, I can select that group, right click, and ungroup them. No problem.

If I group a few lines, then make another group of a few lines, then group the two groups together, then the right click menu will no longer allow me to choose ungroup. Also on the ribbon, the ungroup icon will not operate.

Before this I had LT 2011 (and before that) and I was able to group/ungroup multiple grouped objects at will. So this appears to be a glitch that was introduced since then.

How do I ungroup multiple groups?

Thanks,

GChapp

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Work for me AutoCAD 2017
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: gccdesign

I had the same issue with scenario #2. Ungrouping was greyed out if I right-clicked and was also unavailable in the ribbon panel, but it worked by typing "UNGROUP" and clicking Accept.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous

What it worked in my case was GROUPEDIT and then remove the items I wanted to exclude from the group. It's not the best way but I got the results that I needed.

Message 24 of 24
Anonymous

I had the same issue.  seems weird if a group is included to a new group made then the when selected to ungroup the ungroup command goes away.

Answer - type ungroup and AutoCAD  asked what group you wan to ungroup, I don't usually name groups so in my case I just typed all, and all groups will ungroup.  Now I would think if you new the name of the group you would just type it. I am not sure if the one you typed goes away and the other will still be group.

Hope this helps.

g.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report