Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of Spline

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1413 Views, 7 Replies

Types of Spline

I converted a (Pline) into a (Spline) through (Pedit) but it for some reason it did not hold the control vertices and converted back into a (Pline) "which I had no control over" when is sent the drawing out to someone. I also found that the properties a (SPline) created this way has different properties then a (SPline) created with (SPline Fit) and (SPline CV) found in the ribbon as well as different from a (SPline) created as I had first stated followed by (SPline edit).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You lost me: I wonder if screenshots might help explain the issue better?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

SPline created by Fit /(CV) / SPeditSPline created by Fit /(CV) / SPeditSPline created by PeditSPline created by PeditThese are both (SPline)s Properties 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

The (SPline) created by (Pedit) is not staying a (SPline) and is converrting back into a (Pline) when I send a drawing to someone. It does not stay a smooth (SPline) but turns into a Jagged (Pline).

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am sorry for any confusion I well rephrase my question. I am wondering why there are two different types of properties for (SPline)?1.PNG

Message 6 of 8
pendean

I've never seen them change on their own through the action of simply sharing the file, sorry: however, if you only need a true spline it's always been best to use SPLINE command instead of the PEDIT convert-a-pline method.

Could it be the conversion itself was not up to your requirements but got missed? I did a quick test here, had a colleague open the same file after I emailed it to him (he is only a few desks over), and the pedit-spline is still intact as I created it. Did I miss something?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I think problem is (SPline)s create by (Pedit) is just a multitude of line segments while (SPline)s created by  (SPline Fit) and (SPline CV) is created from arcs. I tested this by exploding the three line I posted earlier. here is an image. Is my thought process right? 2.PNG 

Message 8 of 8
steven-g

The problem is that splines aren't arcs, and in order for a spline to be converted to a pline it does create just short line segments, it's not broken that's just how it works. When using pedit on splines it does ask you for a precision (between 0 and 99) and that will control how many line segments are created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators