Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.tmp files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
6351 Views, 3 Replies

.tmp files

Is there a way of stopping AutoCAD from creating .tmp files?

I have a problem connected with my cloud storage .... this is what happens:

I open a .dwg file and work away on it

I assume AutoCAD creates a .tmp file in the background

My cloud storage see the .tmp and uploads it

I close the .dwg file - and my cloud storage recognises this and uploads it

BUT

The .dwg file then does not appear in my cloud storage - instead the .tmp file it previously uploaded stays as the drawing file

In other words my cloud storage is confusing the .tmp and .dwg files. There is a fix - if I run an integrity check on my cloud storage software it recognises the mistake and uploads the correct .dwg file. The cloud software is livedrive.

So .... is there a way of stopping AutoCAD from creating the .tmp file?

Or ... has anyone else had a similar issue and found a solution

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your cloud service sync is the problem, it is not letting AutoCAD save to it then rename TMP file to DWG among other read/write/delete requirements the program needs.

There is nothing inside AUtoCAD to fix, your cloud service needs to give your log-in and the software full read/write/delete/rename access then sync it all together.

In the meantime, save to your normal location (PC, server whatever) then manually transfer the file to your cloud service.
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no way to disable the TMP files.  How large are your files that this is occurring. While there are numerous issues for Cloud Sync, I would wager most users can work without too  many difficulties. If you are working "on the cloud" directly then that might have its own unique set of issues.

Which service are you using? Is it possible to work local and then either manually sync the contents to the cloud or run a scheduled task to do it for you?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if Dean's or my post helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators