Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Disappears

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
46620 Views, 12 Replies

Text Disappears

I am trialing AutoCAD and everytime I type in text in will not permanently stay on the page.

1.  I type and press enter and a second line is initiated.  I press enter a second time and the text disappears.

2.  I type and then place my cursor in a new position and a new text opportunity is provided.  I type a second entry and place my cursor in a new position and again, a new text opportunity is provided.  If I then press Enter, the text disappears.

I've not come across instructions that divert from the above method, so not sure what, if anything, I'm missing.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Johneng
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like the layer you are placing your text on is turned off.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Johneng

Thanks for the direction; I checked the layer, turned it off and back on and repeated above procedures and still no text remains.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

TEXT oe MTEXT?

Annotative or Non?

STYLE definition for text size and font? and by chance is your text height like 1" and you are about 10miles away from it, for example?

Message 5 of 13
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

He's apparently using DTEXT 'cause AFAIK that is the only text that behaves that way.  type a line ... press enter ... press enter again to end the command.  Smiley Indifferent

Doesn't solve his issue but at least it puts more light on the problem.

Regards,

DJ

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I type in 'text' in the command line and the next prompt asks for the insert point/coordinates, followed by prompting for angle, which I accept as 0.  It then opens a dotted dialog box which I type into.  When I start typing the text is displayed as a standard 'large' size.  Great thought about the size/height; I will check that out.  Unfortunately I am out of town today with the autocad computer stationary at the workplace, but will check out your suggestion first thing tomorrow...thank you pendean!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I am currently updating a dwg file with blocks in the model. For some reason the text from the orginal drawing is not appearing in model space or paper space. I then check the layers to see if anything is frozen, turned off, locked, or not visible. After messing with all of the layers in the entire model the text is still not appearing. I then created a new layer, named it text and start to type. Disapears again.... What is going?

Message 8 of 13
pendean

Annotative blocks/text by chance? or your STYLE settings are out of whack compared to the source file?

Or post the DWG file here for us to explore the issue with you.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Ok perfect! I typed in STYLE and realized the SHX file was not to be found. I simply chose another text that did not have a yellow triangle of dealth and the font appeared. Thank you!

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Another thing i found helpful when my text was disappearing is to make sure that Show annotation objects is set to always. This should keep your text from "Disappearing".

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I'm a newbie as well and it might be something as simple as the mistake I made.

Text kept on disappearing every time I saved in model or paper space. I was using the default settings with a black background.

My text colour was set to white for some reason. This means that in model space the text is actually black, in paper space it's white, so it's there you just can't see it. I set it to black and revealed about 10 copies of the text.

Easily made mistake for a student.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Hi there 

Im writing in text - and every time I click out of the box the text disappears?

Message 13 of 13
pendean

@Anonymous Are you losing track of the layer you are on and it's settings?
Or is your TEXTSIZE so large or so small that it appears to be gone but looking around might reveal it?

Your me-too reply is incomplete for anyone to help you out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report