Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitute Font

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
6615 Views, 6 Replies

Substitute Font

I just upgraded from AutoCAD LT 2005 to AutoCAD LT 2012.  I commonly used a font that, on the 2005 version, was called a1.shx.  It has been replaced, on the 2012 version, with archstyl.shx.  When I go to "Manage Text Styles", under the "Font Name" there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it before the font name "archstyl.shx".  I am assuming this means that the font is not currently available on my system because it is replaced with the simplex.shx (which I read was the default alternate font under "substitute fonts" in the users guide).  There is not a font style on my current system that suffices as a replacement to the font I used on the 2005 version of AutoCAD LT. Is there anyway to import the old font to AutoCAD 2012? Is there a way to put new fonts on my system so that I can find an adequate replacement?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
heinsite
in reply to: Anonymous

Look to see if you still have a file folder on your system called C:\Documents and Settings\Program Files\ AutoCAD LT 2005\Fonts, and if you do if the .shx file you need is there.  If it is, simply copy it to the new 2012 Fonts folder.

In the event you deleted all that stuff... but haven't emptied your Trash yet... you might find the folder and file there too.  Short of that I'd do a Google search to see if it's still available online somewhere.  Likely is.

Good luck!

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 7
pendean

In a nutshell... the font you seek was an addon you got from somewhere else, it's not and never has been from Autodesk. Hope you did not trash your Lt2005 setup, then you can recover it (you might as well grab all those fonts just in case thre are others you need too).

Message 4 of 7
heinsite

... or you could look and see if this is the same font as the one you used to have.  I found this on my work computer.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 7
heinsite
in reply to: heinsite

And since I found it there I suspect it may be a remnant of the old MicroStation font set the company used to use.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I, too, am looking for the A1.shx font.  Did anyone fine it?  Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

Unless you find it on Google you are at the wimsy of someone here who happens to come by who happens to have a copy of the Font.

And it may not be the same one.

Just has the same name.

Word to the wise: Back up your Fonts too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators